A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday 29 December 2018

Holly with a Bird

The CASology Challenge wants a card with holly on it.


And I love Christmas cards with holly as the theme - almost as much as I love birds as the theme, so I especially this image that combines both.  I've had this stamp almost since I first started making cards so I'm happy to be giving it some use!

 
I coloured the image with coloured pencils and Gamsol, trimmed the image to its black outline, bordered it with red, stamped the sentiment in red, and added Glossy Accents to the berries.
 
I also made it for a SCS challenge to make a card in a size other than A2.  The stamp really suits a tall narrow card base.
 
I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas!






Supplies:
Stamps - Magenta bird and holly, Impression Obsession sentiment
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black, Memento Rhubarb Stalk
Paper - white and red cs
Size - 6.5x3.5"
Accessories - coloured pencils, Gamsol, Glossy Accents







7 comments:

  1. I love birds and holly too so you know I love this! What a pretty stamp and you've colored it beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect stamp for a tall card. And no better match than birds and holly. Beautiful card and pencil colouring. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pencil coloring, Susan! The image and the vertical sentiment are perfect for this tall card!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Susan, this is one on my list to borrow :)
    love the bird and the holly
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Birds and holly are such a wonderful combination. Love the tall and skinny card.
    Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful card! Love the size/shape of the card with a vertical sentiment! Thanks for joining us at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the shape and size of the card and what a beautiful image and card it is x.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.