A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Wednesday 12 December 2018

Musical Notation with Bells

The 52 Christmas Card Throwdown wants us to pick one of the challenges from 2017.  I chose April 2017:


Here's my card:


I die cut the bells out of scraps of white cs, rubbed Versamark over them and added the new Emerald Creek Charred Gold embossing powder, and then repeated both steps again to get a lovely thick coating that really looks like metal. I die cut another set of the bells and glued them to the backs of the heat embossed ones to give more substance.

The sentiment (that is words to a carol so appropriate with the musical notation background) is heat embossed with a detail platinum embossing powder and then trimmed with a deckle edge die.

Bells and sentiment are mounted on a music embossed background, and for the cords on the bells, I twisted pieces of both gold and silver SU metallic cord together - blended together they are closer in colour to the bells.

I hope you're all enjoying the Christmas music.  I don't like it to start too early - round about now is when I always start listening.





Supplies:
Stamps - Penny Black sentiment
Ink - Versamark
Paper - white cs
Size - A2
Accessories - Lil Inker Jingle Bells dies, PSX Platinum embossing powder, Emerald Creek Charred Gold embossing powder, Sizzix embossing folder, Spellbinders deckle edge die, SU gold and silver cord



10 comments:

  1. wonderful musical theme Susan, your embossed bells are so pretty and great sentiment :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan, your card is gorgeous with the bells and music! Love Henry Longfellow's words!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous faux metal heat embossed ornaments, Susan. The perfect song score for your dry embossed sheet music background. All your elements go together so well. TFS my friend. Hugs..Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card. You nailed the challenge with the embossed music sheet background and the bells. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful music-themed card Susan. The background gives lots of texture as do the heat embossed bells. Love the look of the charred gold embossing powder. I have bought a few of the special embossing powders but haven't used them yet. Lots and lots of NBUS stamps, dies, stencils, and art products just waiting. Looking forward to our weekly challenge to use some of them. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've achieved a beautiful effect on your bells, I love the look of thick embossing and should use it more often. Thanks for joining in at 52CCT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your embossed music score and the words to this beloved carol fit so beautifully with the "metal" jingle bells!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your bells, Susan! How refreshing to see bells in this color! The layered Charred Gold heat-embossing makes a beautiful and realistic-looking bells. The dry embossed music sheet in the background and the platinum sentiment are perfect for a Christmas carol theme card.
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful holiday card you made :-))
    I am very glad that you are playing with us at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown.
    I wish you a peaceful Christmas ... Hugs, Andreja

    ReplyDelete
  10. This card radiates such harmony - it is just perfect! The musical notes in the background, the beautiful text, the sweet little bells and .... very important thing, the colors! I just love it!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown.
    I wish you a Happy New Year!
    Rosi xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.