A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Monday 24 December 2018

Merry Christmas to You All!


The last Christmas card I made before Christmas Day!  It's for a friend I had tea with this morning - she loves owls.

The image is stamped and watercoloured, fun flock is added to the Santa hats, and Glossy Accents added to the tiny holly berries.  I used a stitched rectangle die to trim my focal panel and popped it up on fun foam.

My dear friend, Bonnie Klass, just posted a card using the same stamp - see her lovely variation on it here.  We didn't plan it - just pure coincidence that with the millions of stamps out there, we both made cards with the same one at the same time!

It is my Christmas card to my blog followers.  The sweet owls sitting together make me think of all of us as a group - virtual friendships, support for each other, sharing our hobby together, sharing our skills.   Merry Christmas to you all!

Linking up to a few challenges:

ABC Christmas Challenge - "Y is for Your Favourite Thing".  I have two of my favourite things - birds as a theme on Christmas cards and watercolouring images.

12 Months of Christmas - "Anything Goes". 

Christmas Crafts All Year Round - "Anything Goes".





Supplies:
Stamps - Wild Rose Studio owls, Make An Impression sentimen
Ink - Archival Jet Black
Paper - watercolour paper, red cs
Size - A2
Accessories - Gansai Tambi watercolour paints, Lil Inker stitched rectangle die, fun flock, Glossy Accents, fun foam



9 comments:

  1. Susan, such a great end of year card. We are all lucky to have such great blogger friends :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so adorable Susan! I love this image and your colouring. Merry Christmas to you and Tessa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it fun when great friends think alike! Your family of owls look like they're keeping watch for Santa! Have a very Merry Christmas, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How funny that you both made cards with this stamp at the same time! Love this cute row of owls - all decked out and waiting for Santa! Wishing you a Blessed Christmas Susan! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sweet owl family is a perfect way for you and Bonnie to wish all your friends Merry Christmas! I hope your Christmas is still being Merry as all get out! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great minds think alike, Susan! :-)
    These owls are so adorable with your pretty watercoloring and the great details.
    Merry Christmas to you and your darling Tessa!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. How funny is that...You and Loll using the same stamp at the same time x
    Cute Christmas card and what a great 'gang' of bloggers x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww... you and Bonnie made adorable cards. Very sweet to dedicate to us blog gang. Beautiful watercolouring. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww...so sweet!
    Thanks for playing at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
    Happy New Year!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.