A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Thursday 16 May 2024

Starry Peace and Embossed Flowers

Jingle Belles want us to create cards without a speck of decorative paper - cardstock only.  Inkspirational wants a Seasonal card.   And Cardz 4 Guyz wants stars and / or stripes.

Except for the stamped sentiment, everything is cardstock.  I started off with a piece of gold shimmer cs that I'd cut a large star out of for another card. The star opening was just the right size for my sentiment so I stamped and heat embossed it on cream cs and layered the gold cs over it. I die cut a few tiny gold stars and two cream doves and scattered them about to tie in the themes of stars and peace in the sentiment.

If it's hard to read the sentiment in the photo, it says "Star light, star bright, a wish for peace on earth tonight."

I needed to make a congratulations card for my niece who is getting her PhD.  She always tells me she likes cards I make with dry embossing on them so it was the perfect opportunity to make a card for Can You Handle the Pressure "A Twist of Flowers".


I created the background piece by rubbing the debossed side of the embossing folder with pale pink ink and then ran it through my Cuttlebug.  For the focal panel, I used a brass Dreamweaver stencil.  I rubbed it all over with various mini Distress inks to get darker colours and a variety of colours compared to the background, and then ran it through my Cuttlebug to get the stencil to create embossing.  I bordered the focal panel with silver cs and die cut the sentiment out of the same silver cs.

    

Cardz 4 Guyz Logo  Please Grab Our Badge









Supplies for card 1:
Stamps - Great Impressions sentiment
Ink - ColorBox gold
Paper - gold shimmer and cream cs
Size - 4.25" square
Accessories - Spellbinders star die, SSS tiny stars die, Memory Box tiny doves dies, gold embossing powder, fun foam

Supplies for card :
Ink - various pink and mauve Distress inks
Paper - white and silver cs
Size - A5
Accessories - Dreamweaver flower stencil, unknown embossing folder, TH sentiment die

8 comments:

  1. I love the gold with the white Susan and the star shape with the lovely sentiment within it, and the added gold stars around the edges of the white mat and the two pretty die cut doves which coordinate beautifully, and love the pink and purple used on the second with the wonderful embossing and pink inked layer underneath a further upper layer of inked and embossed stencilling. I would never have thought to put ink on a metal stencil and then run it through a machine, but it has worked brilliantly. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful twofers! The gold and white makes the Christmas card elegant and classy. Congratulations to your niece… her card is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your embossed card is lovely, that soft color really adds a lot of definition to the texture. So pretty! Thanks for sharing with us at Can You Handle the Pressure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant use of leftover pieces and those doves fit in with the peace themed seasonal sentiment. Thanks for sharing with us at Inkspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two beautiful cards Susan, I love the colour combo with the gold and white and your embossed flower is stunning ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that sentiment!! You nailed star element of our "stars & stripes" theme over at Cardz 4 Guyz...and it is perfectly masculine with your gold and white combo!! Deb Horst, DT #C4G347

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this sentiment and it fits so perfectly inside the star aperture! And a beautiful card with embossing and stenciling! Your niece will love it and she should be so proud! What an accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A perfect sentiment framed by the stars Susan and a great fit for the Cardz4Guyz challenge. Thanks for linking up. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.