A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Monday 6 May 2024

For an Important Woman and a Recycled Santa

Shopping our Stash is asking for a card for either Mothers' Day or for an important woman in our lives.  My Mum passed away several years ago so I made this for my sister.


Stamped, colour, trimmed with a pierced dot rectangle, bordered with pink (love the way it shows through the pierced dots), and embellished with sequins.

Jingle Belles want to see Santa.  I'd meant to enter this in their last challenge (Earth Day - use recycled items) but I didn't get it finished in time.  Seems appropriate that it still gets posted at Jingle Belles!


I used a Santa off a commercial card I received last Christmas.  I added him to a gelli plate background from my box of many backgrounds, and stamped and die cut the sentiment, rubbing a bit of gold ink around the edge of the die.

 
Grab Our Badge! 







Supplies for card 1:
Stamps - ?
Ink - Versafine Onyx Black
Paper - white and pink cs
Size - A2
Accessories - coloured pencils

Supplies for card 2:
Stamps - PTI sentiment
Ink - ColorBox Fresh Green, gold ink
Paper - gelli print background, white cs
Size - 6.25x4.75"
Accessories - Sizzix label die


5 comments:

  1. So pretty, the sentiment and colours are perfect xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sentiment on the flower card is so touching and perfect for one who has passed. Santa looks good on the background you created for him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful sentiment to accompany the really prettily coloured flowers Susan, the perfect card for your sister, and then the vintage Santa image looks great over the gelli plate background on the second..great to upcycle the image too. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE sentiment for the special card you sent to your sister, Susan. So pretty-in-pink. :) Fabulous Santa image that looks perfect on your gelli plate background. Meant to be for Jingle Belles. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your sister’s card i# so lovely. Well done recycling Santa… he looks perfect against the gelli print background.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.