A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday 4 May 2024

Pink Candy Canes and Bow

Check the bottom right photo on the Peace on Earth mood board at the end of my post and you'll see my inspiration for this card:

I stamped the image and coloured it with Tombow markers.  Trimmed it with a stitched rectangle die, bordered with dark pink cs, went over the ornaments with glossy accents, and over the edges of the ribbon with a sparkly gel pen.

Please head over to Peace on Earth for more inspiration from the Design Team and then join us with either a card inspired by the mood board or an "anything Christmas" card.


I'm also adding the card to Christmas Craft Creations "Non Traditional Colours".








Supplies:
Stamps - Stampendous candy canes, Hero Arts sentiment
Ink - Versafine Clair Nocturne
Paper - white and dark pink cs
Size - A2
Accessories - Tombow markers, glossy accents, pink sparkle gel pen, Lil Inker stitched rectangle die

9 comments:

  1. Pink candy canes will taste as well as red ones I think...(LOL!)
    Lia xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love candy canes and especially your pink ones - lovely card xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fabulously fun take on the mood board and your pink candy canes are perfect for our challenge, a beautifully created card!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pink/white candy canes ... a very creative way to pull in the pink! Great card Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these sweet pink candy canes and the beautiful arrangement they're in!

    ReplyDelete
  6. pretty pink candy canes, so pretty framed in red.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a pretty image with the candy cane and foliage Susan and love the red bow and baubles hanging from the foliage together with the red background coordinating card. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pretty image and I love the colors you chose. Thanks for joining us over at the Christmas Craft Creations Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet! :) LOVE the pink Christmas card. Sorry I'm so late to the party, I will probably miss this challenge, but would have loved to play along. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.