A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Wednesday 22 May 2024

Flowery Twofer

I've got two flower cards for you today.

For The Flower Challenge "Colour Your Flower":

A simple stamped and watercoloured image, with a vertical sentiment. It's larger than my usual A2 as it's a big image.

Addicted to CAS and Simply Clean and Simple both want to see a flower.  I wanted to make a notecard for a friend who loves all things Scottish so I used a thistle flower.

Stamped, coloured with markers, trimmed with a stitched rectangle, bordered with green, and popped up on fun foam on a purple card base.









Supplies for card 1:
Stamps - Stamps Happen Sweet Peas, Hero Arts sentiment
Ink - Versafine Clair Nocturne
Paper - watercolour paper, off white cs
Size - 6.25x4.75"
Accessories - watercolour paints

Supplies for card 2:
Stamps - Old Island Stamp Co. thistle
Ink - Memento London Fog, Vivid Cobblestone
Paper - white, green, purple cs
Size - A2
Accessories - markers, Lil Inker stitched rectangle die, fun foam




7 comments:

  1. Two beautiful CAS florals Susan, and both coloured so prettily using watercolours and then the second with makers. I love sweet peas and you don't see many stamps featuring them, and likewise the thistle..I do have a thistle stamp and your super card has reminded me that I must get it out to play with soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, be still my heart! Susan! This is the perfect card to frame - I bet the recipient will do so! Thank you so much for sharing your masterpiece with us at The Flower Challenge!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE your watercoloured sweetpeas. They are so pretty and delicate looking. And I LOVE the thistle with the wonderful framing. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful watercolored bouquet, Susan! Love the thistle too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I love that you placed the thistle slightly offset letting the sentiment balance things out. Thanks for joining us at Addicted to CAS.

    sue n.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two beautiful cards, I love the soft colours of the vase of sweet peas and the thistle is so pretty ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful twofers. Both beautifully coloured.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.