A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday 18 May 2024

Blue Ornaments for Peace on Earth Challenge

Many of you know that blue is my favourite colour so when I saw the latest Peace on Earth mood board, I was pretty happy.  The top left image (see the mood board at the end of my post) made me immediately think of a set of Penny Black ornament stamps I have (but shamefully had never used).

I stamped and heat embossed the pine branch in silver (having seen the silver tinsel in the top right image).  I then stamped and heat embossed the outer two ornaments in sparkly blue.  On a separate piece of cs, I did the same with the centre ornament, cut it with the matching die, and popped it up on dimensional tape.

I bordered with silver mirror card and added it to a matching blue shimmer card base.

There's lots more inspiration over at the Peace on Earth Challenge blog.  We'd love to have you join us and be inspired by our mood board or just post an "anything Christmas" card.

Since I've never used the ornament stamps and die before, I'm linking it up with the NBUS challenge.

Grab our badge to display on your blog.







Supplies:
Stamps - Penny Black ornaments, Hero Arts sentiment, unknown branch
Ink - ColorBox Royal Blue and Silver
Paper - blue shimmer cs, silver mirror cs, white cs
Size - 5.25" square
Accessories - Stampendous Blue Magic embossing powder, Ranger silver embossing powder

8 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness ... how pretty are these ornaments ! And,, I love the dimension on the front one ... clever & smart idea! Thanks for awesome design inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how the front one looks 3D amazing work xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous with the heat embossing, really makes the branch and the ornaments pop and full of shiny goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty, Susan!! Perfect mood board for you! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful blue ornaments and love the centre one cut out and added for extra dimension Susan, and hanging from that pretty silver pine branch, and love the silver matted layer on that rich blue card base...a wonderful Christmas card. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Susan, the blue really makes the Christmas ornaments pop xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful ornaments and they couldn't be more perfect for this mood board!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Winner, winner, chicken dinner! How can this not win, Susan? It rocks the mood board perfectly! And well done adding the silver branch and the pretty matting, too! Thank you for inspiring everyone to use their NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.