A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Thursday 2 May 2024

Another Christmas Threefer

I really have to get on with making Christmas cards.  I've been stuck at home this week with a mild case of Covid - so annoying after getting through the four years since Covid erupted with never getting it.  So am getting a few done and posted this week.

For Christmas Craft Creations "Non Traditional Colours" and 52 Christmas Card Throwdown "Slimline":

I smooshed a background with various blue and purple oxide inks and then stencilled snowflakes over it.  The sentiment is die cut three times and glued together for dimension.

Next up, three snowmen in very wacky hats for ABC Christmas Challenge "H is for Hats":

Stamped, coloured with coloured pencils, trimmed with a hemstitch die, and added to a pale blue card base.

And a quick simple card for My Time to Craft "Everything Die Cuts":

I die cut the reindeer / tree and the sentiment out of a shimmery white cs and added it to a dark silver metallic cs that I'd cut with a hemstitch die.  In real life it's very shimmery but it's so hard to photograph metallic cs!

  

  

My Time To Craft!

 







Supplies for card 1:
Ink - blue and purple oxide inks
Paper - white cs
Size - 6x3.25"
Accessories - Heidi Swapp silver texture paste, Tim Holtz snowflake stencil, Penny Black sentiment die

Supplies for card 2:
Stamps - Rubber Cottage "Snowflakes"
Ink - Versafine Onyx Black
Paper - white and pale blue cs
Size - A2
Accessories - coloured pencils, Spellbinders hemstitch rectangle die

Supplies for card 3:
Paper - dark silver cs, white shimmer cs, white cs
Size - 4.75" square
Accessories - Penny Black Be Merry die, unknown reindeer/tree die, Spellbinders square hemstitch die

6 comments:

  1. Fantastic trio of Christmas cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three wonderful Christmas cards, the three snowmen are so cute :) I hope you get better soon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very beautiful holiday cards, the one with the snowflakes and smooshed background just fit to our challenge at 52CCT. Thank you for joining it and I hope you get better soon. Valentina

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful cards Susan with the pretty smooshed colour and the wonderful texture of the silver paste for the snowflakes on the first Susan, and the fun snowmen on the second, and the terrific metallic look of the last and I love the hemstitch edge to the mat and the added stag and pine tree cut from white glitter card. So sorry to hear you are suffering with a mild case of Covid and hope that you are soon feeling better. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous snowflakes and background, Susan! I always love seeing these funny snowmen. Fun colors! I can imagine the sparkle of the forest scene!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear you've not been well. Hopefully you are recovered by now. Three fabulous cards ... great way to increase you Christimas stash. Take care. Love, Loll

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.