A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Sunday 26 May 2024

Christmas Twofer - Royal Blue Ornaments and Copper Nativity

We've had a lot of rain lately so a good chance to get busy on my Christmas stash!

I couldn't pass up the Colorful Options "Royal Blue" challenge!

I stamped the ornament image in ColorBox Royal Blue and then embossed with a sparkly royal blue embossing powder.  Trimmed it, added it to royal blue shimmer cs, and stamped and die cut the sentiment.

52 Christmas Card Throwdown has a tic tac toe challenge.  I chose the right hand vertical row - nativity, holiday sentiment, die cut.  ABC Christmas Challenge wants J for Jesus.  A good chance to use a never before used die (so I'm also entering it at the NBUS challenge).

I die cut the nativity scene out of copper shimmer cs and again out of scrap cs and glued them together for more dimension.  I cut a rectangle out of cream cs using a dotted pierced die.  I glued the die cut nativity to it and added a copper heat embossed sentiment.  I layered that over more copper shimmer cs and added it all to a cream card base.

  Grab our badge to display on your blog.

  









Supplies for card 1:
Stamps - Impression Obsession ornaments, Mama Elephant sentiment
Ink - ColorBox Royal Blue
Paper - royal blue shimmer cs, white cs
Size - A2
Accessories - Stampendous Blue Magic embossing powder, Mama Elephant sentiment die

Supplies for card 2:
Stamps - SSS sentiment
Ink - ColorBox copper
Paper - copper shimmer and cream cs
Size - A2
Accessories - copper embossing powder, Penny Black nativity die, Sizzix dotted rectangle die


8 comments:

  1. The bauble looks really pretty stamped in the royal blue ink Susan, and the die cut nativity looks great in the copper shimmer cardstock and the cream shows it off perfectly, both kept quite CAS which works well for these two...less is more. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two lovely Christmas cards to add to your stash. This weather is perfect for playing in our craft rooms! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. More pretty blue ornaments, Susan! What a great stamp! Love the copper Nativity with the perfect sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. two beautiful cards Susan. The blue ornaments really caught my eye, I love the blue and white ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two very beautiful Christmas cards. Love the blue colour for Christmas. Just found out that is wonderful idea. The nativity card is just absolutely beautiful in its simplicity. Thank you for playing with us at 52CCT. Valentina DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Christmas card. Thanks for playing at 52 CCT challange.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cards - love the sparkly copper!
    Thanks for playing at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  8. quelle charmante création Susa, très paisible, merci de jouer avec nous chez ABC Christmas Challenge, biz

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.