A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Wednesday 3 April 2024

Heat Embossed Reindeer Panel and Bleached Iris

For the ABC Christmas Challenge "E is for Embossing", I went with heat embossing.

I created a background by spraying some silver spray on cs.  When dry, I stamped the image panel in black and heat embossed with clear embossing powder.  I bordered with silver glitter cs and mounted on a silver shimmer card base.

For the Penny Black Saturday Challenge, I used a lovely Penny Black iris stamp I've had for ages.  It's also for Seize the Birthday "Spring Floral" - the early small irises are starting to bloom in my garden!

 
I created a blue background by sprinkling with various blue Brushos and spritzing with water.  I let it air dry.  Then stamped the irises and used a small paint brush and bleach to lift the Brushos colour from inside the iris image.  Then stamped a few bits of random script around the irises and added a sentiment die cut with an oval and lightly sponged with blue ink.  Bordered with black cs.

  ...or Hedgie
 
 







Supplies for card 1:
Stamps - Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous reindeer panel
Ink - Versafine Clair Nocturne
Paper - white cs, silver glitter cs, silver shimmer cs
Size - A2
Accessories - silver spray, clear embossing powder

Supplies for card 2:
Stamps - Penny Black irises, Stampington & Co script, A Muse sentiment
Ink - Distress Tumbled Glass, Versafine Clair Twilight and Nocturne
Paper - black and white cs
Size - A2
Accessories - bleach, blue Brushos, Spellbinders oval die


4 comments:

  1. The Christmas card is so pretty in black and silver, and the blue brusho background looks great with the beautiful irises and love the way you have bleached the blue out of the flowers, and the script looks great over the background..two wonderful cards Susan. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty Christmas stamp, Susan! Your irises are gorgeous with the dramatic Brusho background! Great job with the bleach!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan, your Brusho background is so pretty to showcase your iris. Pretty card. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the silver with black embossed Christmas image, Susan. So elegant and beautiful. The glittery frame adds so much sparkle. Beautiful!! LOVE your irises. What a fabulous way to colour this image. LOVE the blue background with the bleached irises. Amazing work! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.