A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Friday 26 April 2024

Rainy Day Christmas

Vancouver is having a chilly rainy spell so what better time to work on Christmas cards?

Christmas Craft Creations wants Non-Traditional Colours so I went with blue and violet for the background for this card.


I sprinkled the blue and violet Magicals on watercolour paper, spritzed with water and let the colours run.  When dry I trimmed the panel with a deckle edged rectangle die, popped it up on fun foam on a white shimmer card base, and added the die cut ornament and sentiment, cut out of the same white shimmer cs.

52 Christmas Card Throwdown wants "Old Fashioned Christmas".  I used a never inked up Tim Holtz stamp so I'm linking up at the NBUS Challenge.

Stamped with a bit of colouring with coloured pencils, bordered in black, and added to a white mini slimline card base.

Then The 12 Months of Christmas wants Christmas Candy.  And it's time for the Rudolph Days Challenge too - any Christmas card made between the 25th and the end of the month.

Stamped and watercoloured, with metallic gold paint used on the ornaments and ribbon.  It was trimmed with a rectangle die, then I used the SSS thin frame die to cut a thin rectangle out of it.  I painted the thin rectangle frame with the same metallic gold paint I'd used on the image, let it dry, and then inserted it back into the gap.  Put it all on fun foam onto the card base.

     








Supplies for card 1:
Paper - watercolour paper, white shimmer cs
Size - A2
Accessories - blue and violet Magicals, Spellbinders deckled edge rectangle die, Memory Box snowflake ornament die, Spellbinders Joy die, fun foam

Supplies for card 2:
Stamps - Tim Holtz
Ink - Versafine Onyx Black
Paper - white and black cs
Size - 6x3.25"
Accessories - coloured pencils

Supplies for card 3:
Stamps - Stampendous candy canes, unknown joy
Ink - Versafine Onyx Black
Paper - off white cs, watercolour paper
Size - A2
Accessories - watercolour paints, gold metallic paint, SSS thin frames die, Spellbinders rectangle die, fun foam

9 comments:

  1. you were busy today, great selection of Christmas cards. It's hard to pick a favourite but I think the little winter scene is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many beautiful Christmas cards. Each one is a special one! But I love the old fashioned Christmas mini card, where you can see the beautiful memories from the past. Thank you for sharing your card at our challenge at 52CCT. Valentina DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Three beautiful Christmas cards Susan, and I love the blue and purple Magicals contrasting with the white bauble, snowflakes and sentiment. The second is such a pretty rather vintage looking snowy scene and with some lovely colouring, and then the last looks great using the large candy cane with the bow detail and the pretty ferns and baubles in the background, again some wonderful colouring. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great start on Christmas cards! I like that blue/violet combination. I don't think I've seen that Tim Holtz stamp and it is a such a warm, comforting look. Your candy canes are so yummy looking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. splendide et élégante Susan, très belle création, merci de jouer avec nous chez 52CCT, biz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Christmas designs are always beautiful, Susan! These three are flawless and really show your artistic range! From vintage to mod and in-between, they are all great! Thank you for inspiring everyone to use their NBUS - and I am going to 📌 them to A/G for I.D.E.A.S., too! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Susan! What a great selection of Christmas cards. I love your watercolouring - ages since you came to play with us in the Playground.

    Thanks for coming to play with us in April's Rudolph Days Challenge.

    Hugs
    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic vintage Christmas card. Thank you for joining at 52CCT. Goga

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.