A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Friday 5 April 2024

Spring Bluebells and Two Christmas Cards

Since it's spring, I'll start with a spring card.  Shopping our Stash Challenge is asking for Spring or Easter, and the Four Seasons Challenge wants Spring.  And since the bluebells are a Penny Black stamp, I'm linking it up to the Penny Black Saturday Challenge.

The Scilla are starting to bloom in my garden so this seemed the perfect stamp.  I stamped  and heat embossed in gold, then coloured with coloured pencils.  With Tea Dye ink to give a vintage feel, I stamped the definition of spring in a couple of places, sponged  around the edges, and stencilled some splatters.  Then stamped the flower name and cut it with a narrow label die and added it to the top.  The panel is popped up on fun foam for some dimension.

Moving on to working on my Christmas card stash.  Double D wants to see Cute Little Animals and Jingle Belles want us to be inspired by one of the cookies in this image:

I saw the cookie on the left near the bottom with the tangle of lights and thought of the stamp I have with a cute little dog all tangle up in Christmas lights.

I watercoloured the image and went over the lights with Glossy Accents. I trimmed with an old Spellbinders label tag, and bordered with green and added to a red card base. And I found the perfect sentiment that refers to lights! 

And finally Christmas Craft Creations wants to see Designer Paper on our cards.  I love colour coordinating DP with the colours I use in my focal image. 

The image is stamped and coloured with coloured pencils and popped up on fun foam for some dimension.

Grab Our Badge! Please Grab Our Badge ...or Hedgie

GRAB OUR BADGE!   







Supplies for card 1:
Stamps - Penny Black Scilla, Purple Onion spring definition
Ink - ColorBox gold, Distress Oxide Tea Dye
Paper - white cs
Size - A2
Accessories - gold embossing powder, coloured pencils, splatter stencil

Supplies for card 2:
Stamps - Penny Black dog, SSS sentiment
Ink - Versafine Onyx Black
Paper - watercolour paper, red and green cs
Size - 4.75" square
Accessories - watercolour paints, Glossy Accents, Spellbinders label dies

Supplies for card 3:
Stamps - Penny Black sentiment, unknown owl stamp
Ink - Versafine Clair Nocturne
Paper - white cs, dp
Size - 4.75" square
Accessories - coloured pencils, fun foam





7 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful bluebell image and so prettily coloured Susan, and the colours in the background give it a lovely vintage feel, and then your cute dog and owl on the other two seasonal cards, with the traditional green and red colour combination is perfect on the second, and the colours you used on the owl topper look great with the background dp..three wonderful cards. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, Susan. I love the bluebells. Thanks so much for taking time to share your art with us at The Four Seasons. Please join us again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bluebells bring so many memories back from my child hood, love the card. The two Christmas cards are so cut, the dog and the owl are adorable xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards, you have such an eye for color and design! I just LOVE everything about these!! Lots of wonderful work here, and great take on the challenge. Thanks so much for playing along with us over at Double D, I hope we see you back again soon!
    Judy~ DD DT Designer

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards, all... but of course I'm bound to say the one inspired by the Tangled Lights Cookie is my favorite, right? So pleased you could join our Cookie-Inspired photo inspiration fun at Jingle Belles!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your fun little holiday cards ... so glad you joined our Cookie-inspired prompt at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE your pretty bluebells, Susan. The text adds so much to the background. And fabulous two Christmas cards. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.