A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Wednesday 10 April 2024

Butterflies and Birds

My Time to Craft Challenge wants to see butterflies.  I used this as a chance to make a card for a friend who loves purple.


I created the background by sprinkling purple Brushos on watercolour paper and spritzing with water. When dry, I stamped and heat embossed the butterfly in white, and stamped the sentiment in black and heat embossed with clear embossing powder. I trimmed the panel and popped it up on fun foam.

My next card also has a butterfly but it's for Can You Handle the Pressure? - use an embossing folder with a twist of birds.  I used my embossing folder to frame all my little images, including an image of a bird.

 
I stamped some of the images in black and some in dark brown, and then coloured them with coloured pencils. I die cut the images with a small square die cut. I stamped and heat embossed tiny sentiments on the two right hand squares. They are popped up on fun foam on a panel that is dry embossed with the border folder.
 
My Time To Craft!
 
Please Grab Our Badge








Supplies for card 1:
Stamps - Visible Image butterfly, unknown sentiment
Ink - ColorBox white, Versafine Onyx Black
Paper - watercolour paper, white cs
Size - A2
Accessories - white and clear embossing powders, various purple Brushos, wonky stitched rectangle die, fun foam

Supplies for card 2:
Stamps - SU Nature Walk, SSS tiny sentiments
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black and Rich Cocoa, ColorBox gold
Paper - white cs
Size - A2
Accessories - coloured pencils, SU embossing folder, gold embossing powder, Spellbinders square die, fun foam

5 comments:

  1. I thought straight away that the butterfly was VI and it is a beautiful one Susan, and the purple Brusho background looks great, and I love the embossed frame around your six different images on the second and all very prettily coloured. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet.sweet cards, and I adore that bee. You have such a wonderful eye for color and design. Lots of fabulous work here, and great take on the challenge. Thanks so much for playing along with us over at Can You Handle the Pressure. I hope we see you back again soon.
    Judy~ CYHTP DT Designer

    ReplyDelete
  3. two great cards, I especially love your embossed inchie card with the beautiful mix of images ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always amazed with your Brusho backgrounds and this one is gorgeous… the butterfly pop beautifully. Cute 2nd card and a great design to feature those images.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all these nature images all framed up with tulips. Susan! The embossed butterfly is gorgeous with that pretty Brusho background!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.