A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday 20 April 2024

Greenery in a Jar

Great inspiration from this month's Peace on Earth mood board!  The photos of the greenery in jars prompted me to use a jar die that I've never used before.


I die cut the jar from white cs and sponged a bit of grey around the edges for shading and dimension.  I smooshed scraps of cs with various green Distress inks and then die cut the greenery and holly from it.  Then arrange it in the opening of the jar, added it to a white card base and embellished with red gemstones for the berries.

Here's the Peace on Earth mood board that inspired me.  Head on over to our blog for more inspiration from the design team, and then make a card for our challenge either inspired by the mood board or an "anything Christmas" card!










Supplies:
Stamps - unknown sentiment
Ink - various green Distress inks, Memento London Fog, Versafine Onyx Black
Paper - white cs
Size - A2
Accessories - Tim Holtz greenery dies, holly die, mason jar die, red gemstones

5 comments:

  1. Wow, Susan your jar of greenery is gorgeous and a fabulous take on the inspiration board!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome take on our mood board Susan ... love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wouldn't this be beautiful in real life like it is on your card. A delightful card and decoration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous card Susan, the mason jar with all the greenery looks amazing xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful mason jar full of greenery, and I love the way you have shaded it to give it dimension Susan, and the added gems for berries are so pretty...a fantastic seasonal card. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.