A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday 6 April 2024

Reindeer with a Christmas Tree

I love being inspired by a challenge's mood board to make a card!  This one is for Peace on Earth and I was inspired by the upper right image (see mood board below).


I used a piece of dp for my snowy sky and tore a piece of cs to make the snowy ground.  I die cut the reindeer out of white cs and then sponged with a couple of shades of Distress inks.  Then glued it on to two more layers of die cut deer to give it more substance.  I tucked him behind a tree die cut once from green and once from white and glued together to have a thin line of white on the branch tops.

Head over to Peace on Earth and check out how other members of the Design Team were inspired by our mood board.  We'd love to see if it inspires you or if you'd rather post an "anything Christmas" card.



I'm also linking my card up with the Christmas Craft Creations "Designer Paper" Challenge.









Supplies:
Stamps - Rubber Soul sentiment
Ink - Distress Brushed Corduroy and Pumice Stone, Memento London Fog
Paper - white and green cs, Echo Park dp
Size - A2
Accessories - deer die, tree die, SU punch

8 comments:

  1. Beautifully created Susan, this could be a winter scene at my own home, we have lots of deer and lots of pines!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ink blended deer looks splendid Susan, and the green tree with the white under layer just showing looking like snow on the branches works brilliantly, and the the snowy sky dp and white torn snow slope makes the perfect background. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you coloured your reindeer, he looks amazing in the snowy forrest xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty winter scene that's perfect for a Christmas wish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an amazing winter scene! I like your card, Susan. Thank you for joining in at Christmas Craft Creations. Lanusia, DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nailed it again with the mood board inspiration. Beautiful card. I love how you inked the deer.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.