A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Wednesday 28 February 2024

Group of Seven Stencilled Stars

For this month's Group of Seven Cardmakers' technique, we are trying something called Masked Stencilling.  It was inspired by this card on Pat's Colourful Creations.  Basically you mask off part of your card front and stencil over the rest.  Here's my card:


I used one of the dies I use for cutting slopes or snow banks to cut a mask.  I laid that mask over the bottom right section of my card front and then stencilled the stars with a blend of two Distress inks and a gold ink.  I removed the mask and stamped my sentiment in the area that was masked.  I die cut the Christmas star twice out of white cs and once out of gold glitter cs and glued them together.  I popped the panel up on fun foam for more dimension.

There's lots of other ideas for using this technique on our Group of Seven post.  Feel free to give it a try but be aware, we're not a challenge blog - your linked cards will only be to provide more inspiration.










Supplies:
Stamps - Great Impressions sentiment
Ink - Distress Fossilized Amber and Wild Honey, Delicata Golden Glitz
Paper - cream cs, gold glitter cs
Size - A2
Accessories - handmade star stencil, masking paper, fun foam, star of wonder die, slope (hill) die

8 comments:

  1. Love your pretty stenciled starry sky Susan with the die cut sparkly one on top - a great space created for your sentiment with the mask! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just adore the pretty stars Susan, and the masked area at the bottom is just perfect for your sentiment, and the added layered Christmas star cut from gold glitter card is beautiful over the top. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful star card with a lovely sentiment, Susan. The masked section makes the perfect place for your sentiment to stand out. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty Susan, your stars are a perfect match for that great sentiment and the mask creates a great space for it ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty, Susan. I love the sentiment along with the stars.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The stars work perfectly for this technique, Susan, especially with that sediment! It would be so cute for a baby card verse, too! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool non-traditional colour Christmas card! Fabulous stencilling and sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is gorgeous, Susan! I love the swoop and the gold stars with the sparkly Star of Wonder taking center stage! Awesome sentiment too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.