A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday 2 March 2024

Simple Pine Branches

Peace on Earth has a green and white mood board for this challenge.  I looked at the bottom left image (see it at the end of my post) and immediately thought of SU's Ornamental Pine set so made this card:


I stamped the pine branches with brown and green, and layered it behind a card base that I'd cut an oval opening out of.  It's taped flat around the outer edges but put fund tape around the oval opening to raise it off the image a bit.  I had to cover the back of the pine panel with something as there was a big smudge on it so I added a lightweight folded liner, using a narrow green ribbon to hold it in place.  I embellished the pine branches with some stick-on sparkle drops.

Please check out the inspiration from the rest of the Design Team and join us at Peace on Earth with a card.  We'd love to see you be inspired by our mood board, but if not, you can enter an "anything Christmas" card. 










Supplies:
Stamps - SU Ornamental Pine
Ink - Memento Northern Pine, Cottage Ivy, Rich Cocoa
Paper - white cs
Size - A2
Accessories - Spellbinders oval die, green ribbon, sparkly stick-on domes

7 comments:

  1. Simple and GORGEOUS! Love your overall design ... perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so pretty with the pine branch behind the oval window Susan, and love the added deep green toned window, and a great way of holding the insert in place to tidy up the back of the front panel..love the little added gems too. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply beautiful, Susan! Those pine needles shine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous image of the pine bough and so beautifully framed xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. STUNNING card Susan. It's is elegant CAS perfection, my friend. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great save by adding ribbon to this beautiful card. The pine bough carries the scene and looks so festive. The mood board is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! Love the simplicity. 🤍💚

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.