A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Thursday 22 February 2024

One More Valentine and Winter Wishes

Still trying to get my Valentines posted.  This one is for Sisterhood of Crafters "Love".

I cut a rectangle of very pale silver shimmer cs that is the same colour as the silver hearts in the piece of ribbon I found in my scrap box. I attached the ribbon down the left side. I die cut the heart cluster and the love sentiment out of red cs, and popped out the interior hearts and set them aside for a future project. I glued the outline hearts to the panel. Then I cut the heart cluster out of white glitter cs and popped out the interior hearts and added them to the interiors of the outline hearts. For some dimension, I popped the panel up on fun foam on a white card base.

For The Four Seasons Challenge "Winter" and Word Power "The Sentiment as Focus".

I made a background with light blue Magicals sprinkled on mixed media cs and spritzed with water. The snowflakes are die cut from glitter cs; the sentiment from blue shimmer cs.

Please Grab Our Badge!  Please share our Blog Badge  








Supplies for card 1:
Paper - white and red cs, very pale silver shimmer cs, white glitter cs
Size - A2
Accessories - ribbon, TH love die, unknown cluster of hearts die, fun foam

Supplies for card 2:
Paper - off white glitter cs, off white cs, blue shimmer cs, mixed media cs
Size - A2
Accessories - blue Magicals, Penny Black sentiment die, Cheery Lynn snowflake dies

5 comments:

  1. That is a stunning Valentine with such sparkle to it. The Christmas card has beautiful shimmer to it with a soft background. Great cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such pretty hearts on the first, and I just love that red ribbon with the silver hearts attached down the side and the cluster of hearts filled in with the white glitter card look wonderful Susan. The terrific Magicals background on the second makes a great backdrop to the off white glitter card snowflakes, and the blue shimmer cardstock works well for the die cut sentiment..another fabulous card. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two lovely cards with shimmer and shine Susan - that silver heart ribbon is so pretty with your die cut sparkly hearts - and the winter card with the Magicals background and glitter hearts gives off the cold winter air! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two great cards, love the die cut hearts and the beautiful winter blue on your Christmas card xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great pair of cards. The Valentine is just perfect with all of those pretty hearts, and the winter wishes looks frosty cold with the way you colored it. I really like that die-cut sentiment with all those delicate snowflakes.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.