A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Sunday 11 February 2024

Winter Scenes

For The Sisterhood of Crafters "Winter Blues" challenge, The Four Seasons Challenge "Winter", and the 52 Christmas Card Throwdown "Blue and White" challenge:


I sprinkled a couple of shades of blue Brushos onto watercolour paper, spritzed with water and got it all to run and create a soft blue background.  When dry, I sprinkled with "Fractured Ice" embossing powder and heated it from underneath so that it wouldn't blow off.  Trimmed the background to fit behind my die cut of two reindeer in a partial circle (I cut it twice for more dimension), glued it all together and stamped a winter sentiment in blue.

For Shopping Our Stash "Winter Wonderland" and Christmas Craft Creations "Glitter and Sparkle", I have another card with a winter die cut.

I had a piece of a cling wrap background done with blue and mauve reinkers that was just large enough to work with my die.  Normally the die cuts an aperture for the card (as it did in this card) but I didn't want the whole front of the card to be glitter cs so I cut it so that I only had the cabin and trees and some snowy ground, and trimmed the bottom of it with a circle die cut.  Trimmed the background with the same circle die and glued the glitter piece on top.  Out of the leftover bits of the glitter cs, I cut some tiny stars and some snowflakes and embellished the card with them.  To keep with the "glitter and sparkle" theme of the Christmas Craft Creations challenge, I used a sentiment with the word "sparkle" in it.

Please Grab Our Badge!                 Grab Our Badge! 








Supplies for card 1:
Stamps - Penny Black sentiment
Ink - Distress Chipped Sapphire,
Paper - watercolour paper, white cs
Size - 4.25" square
Accessories - Memory Box Deer Family, Emerald Creek Fractured Ice embossing powder

Supplies for card 2:
Stamps - Mama Elephant sentiment
Ink - Versafine Clair Nocturne, blue and mauve reinkers
Paper - mixed media, white, and white glitter cs
Size - A2
Accessories - Memory Box Countryside Circle die, Spellbinders circle die, cling wrap, small snowflake and star dies

9 comments:

  1. Two BLUE-tiful cards! ❄️ 💙🩵 Your Brusho backgrounds are always so impressive as proven here. Fabulous sparkle on the second one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two beautiful winter scenes Susan, and love the simplicity of the first with the pretty blue sky and falling snow and two dear...so serene, and then the house, trees, snowflakes and stars cut from some lovely glitter card and the bright blue textured sky using the cling film technique makes a great background a wonderfully appropriate sentiment to go with it. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love both cards, you reminded me to pull out some of my dies :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two beautiful Christmas cards using your fav colour, Susan! Love the all sparkle and shine from both. I had forgotten about that factured ice embossing powder ... need to pull it out! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both of these are beautiful Susan! I love the snow technique on your first one, such a great idea...its so organic and special looking. So glad you were able to join us for this challenge, I hope to see more of your work in the future! Hugs!
    Kristin Sluhan
    SOC DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, these are such pretty cards. Fractured ice is new to me but gives a beautiful shine to your snow globe. The sky is lovely on the second card with that sparkly ground and home.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know you enjoyed making both of these blue Christmas cards, Susan! Love the falling snow on the snow globe and the sparkle on the snowy scene. Both are so serene!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very frosty winter scenes in the winter globes. Both of your winter christmas cards are very pretty. Thank you for joining us at 52CCT with our colour challenge. Valentina DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two wonderful cards, Susan. Love the look Brushos give for your winter skies. Love the snow globe witht he beautiful deer. Thanks for playing with us at The Four Seasons Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.