A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Tuesday 13 February 2024

One Christmas, Two Valentines

It seems appropriate since it's almost Valentine's Day to post a Christmas card for Jingle Belles' "Red" challenge.  It's also for My Time to Craft Christmas "Winter Birds".  What better than the gorgeous red cardinal!?


Stamped and watercoloured the image, added the sentiment, and used a Quickie glue pen and glitter on the snow on the branches.

My next card is for Double D "Heartfelt", Just Us Girls "Love", and Stencil Fun "Love / Hearts".

I took a stencil that has a random smattering of hearts and pressed my Versamark pad through it, and then heat embossed the hearts in silver. The sentiment is stamped in red to match the card base.  I wanted a bordering silver layer but none of my cs was the right shade of silver, so I took a piece of white cs the size I wanted, then rubbed Versamark on the edges and heat embossed with the same silver as the hearts.  The panel is popped up on fun foam and embellished with red and silver sequins.

My second Valentine is for Stamping Sensations "Animals, Birds, Creatures", Cardz 4 Guyz "Love", and Sweet Stamping "Valentine's or Galentine's Day".

Stamped, watercoloured, trimmed with a stitched square die, and popped up on fun foam.

   GRAB OUR BADGE!  LOVE to have you SHARE our BADGE Please grab our logo  Cardz 4 Guyz LogoSweet Stampin' Challenge Blog

My Time To Craft Christmas!







Supplies for card 1:
Stamps - Stampendous cardinals, unknown sentiment
Ink - Versafine Clair Nocturne
Paper - watercolour paper, cream cs
Size - A2
Accessories - watercolour paints, glitter

Supplies for card 2:
Stamps - PTI sentiment
Ink - Versamark, SU Real Red
Paper - white and red cs
Size - A2
Accessories - silver embossing powder, Heidi Swapp Confetti stencil, red and silver sequins, fun foam

Supplies for card 3:
Stamps - Penny Black image, SU sentiment
Ink - Versafine Clair Nocturne
Paper - watercolour paper, red cs
Size - 4.75" square
Accessories - watercolour paints, Lil Inker stitched square die, fun foam

 

9 comments:

  1. the cardinals are gorgeous, I might just have to borrow that one, and the two valentine cards are perfectly CAS. I especially like the mouse, it's adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All three cards are wonderful, Susan. Especially love the cardinals on the tree branch. Amazing watercolouring of that image! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan... loving all three cards! I never see enough cardinals for Christmas so I love them with a bit of glitter. Great CAS valentines as well. Thanks so much for joining and sharing at Just Us Girls this week. Happy Valentines!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully colored stamp, I really enjoy the winter birds. Thanks for participating in our bird theme at the MTTCC challenge. Martina - DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have been busy Susan, and made three great cards. I think the cardinals amongst the snowy berries is a beautiful image and so prettily watercoloured, and then the stencilled heat embossed hearts look wonderful, and complemented by the heat embossed edge so that the silver tones match exactly, and who could resist that cute mouse with its yummy cake, and love the red heart and red striped casing and both heart cards on a lovely bright red card, and the previous card with its red sequins too. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all the red and white of each of your beautiful designs, Susan! My fave is that adorable mouse and his schparkle-frosted cupcake! Yum!! Happy ❤ Day! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those cardinals and berries are RED perfection ... so very glad you shared it with us at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card. So cute.Thank you for joining at stamping sensations

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is one cute mouse. Appreciate that you decided to join us at C4G with another sweet card. Cheers, Jolanda - DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.