A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Monday 5 February 2024

London, Knitting, and a Valentine

Having fun with challenges on a dreary winter day!  First up for the Inspired By.... challenge "Inspired by London".  I had to enter this one as I was born in London (we moved to Canada when I was 10).


I created a background by smooshing with blue Distress Oxide inks, stamped the image of Tower Bridge and the London text stamp on it, bordered with black cs, and popped it up on fun foam.

Next up for My Time to Craft's "Hobbies" challenge, I went with a great image of a raccoon knitting.  Knitting is one of my other main hobbies.

Stamped, watercoloured, and popped up on fun foam.

And last, for Color Hues "Red and Pink", a Valentine card:

I used dies only - square dies for the white and pink panels, a heart die, and a sentiment die. The heart and sentiment were each cut twice and glued together for more dimension. The pink square is popped up on fun foam. The white square has score lines for a bit more interest and tiny red heart gemstones are placed in each corner where the score lines intersect.

 My Time To Craft!







Supplies for card 1:
Stamps - unknown
Ink - various blue Distress Oxide inks, Archival Jet Black
Paper - white and black cs
Size - A2
Accessories - fun foam

Supplies for card 2:
Stamps - Katzelkraft raccoon knitting, Rubber Soul sentiment
Ink - Archival Jet Black
Paper - watercolour paper, cream cs
Size - A2
Accessories - watercolour paints, fun foam

Supplies for card 3:
Paper - pink and white cs, red glitter cs
Size - 4.75" square
Accessories - TH love die, heart die, Spellbinders square dies, ScorPal, red heart gemstones, fun foam

11 comments:

  1. This looks great Susan with the blue background and then the stamped Tower Bridge and the sentiment about London, and then the fun stamp with the knitting raccoon with some pretty watercolouring, and then the elegant Valentine card with the bright and beautiful red glitter heart on the pink square, and the sentiment in white, and doubling up the heart and the sentiment makes them stand out really well, and the added embossed lines around the edge frames it perfectly...love those sweet little red heart gems in each corner too. I didn't realise you lived in London until you were ten. I was born about an hour out of London and lived there until hubby and I moved to the south west about sixteen years ago. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A trio of delights, Susan! It's fun when challenges speak to us for one reason or another and get our juices flowing! You rocked all three! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post Susan as I learned 2 things that I hadn't known about you...being born in London and that you like to knit (I do too!)! Your cards are all wonderful and I'm especially loving your CAS Valentine with all the squares...you used our challenge colors perfectly!! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Color Hues!! Hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. 3 wonderful cards! Thanks so much for playing along at Inspired By!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow you have been buys :) I think my favourite is the knitting raccoon, he looks so funny xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fun post with three totally different cards. Love the raccoon knitting...LOL and your CAS heart card is just as pretty as can be. Love the added gems and the score lines. Thanks for joining us at Color Hues.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing cards, Susan! Your Valentine is elegant and so pretty. I love the stunning design. Thanks for playing along at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Three fabulous cards Susan that are perfect for the three challenges. Looks like you've busy having fun! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous collection of cards! Thanks so much for playing along at Inspired By!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A trio of fabulous makes. All nailed their respective challenges entered.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your valentine is a classic, Susan! It couldn't be more perfect! Love the racoon knitting a very long scarf and you have a perfect stamp for the London challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.