A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Friday 8 December 2023

A Dog in a Santa Hat and a Starry Wreath

Christmas Craft Creations want us to "Add a Hat", Double D want "Christmas Animals", and Cardz 4 Guyz want "Festive Creatures".  I used a never-before-used stamp for the card so it's going off to NBUS as well.

I was inspired by the right hand images in the Double D mood board to use a new Colorado Craft Co.  I watercoloured the dog in the colours of my English cocker as the image made me think of her!  Then trimmed it with dotted pierced rectangle die, layered it over copper cs, and popped it up on fun foam on a red card base.  I added fun flock to the brim and pompom of the hat.

The ABC Christmas Challenge is "W for Wreath".  Instead of a traditional greenery wreath, I used a star wreath.  I used up several snippets of papers so I'm adding it to the Snippets Challenge.

On the left side of my card base, I added a strip of dp bordered by thin strips of gold shimmer cs and stamped a gold heat embossed sentiment to the right side.

I die cut the star wreath three times - twice out of of white cs and once out of Tim Holtz gold glitter peel-off paper. I stacked the three together and added it over the dp / card base / sentiment

  

Cardz 4 Guyz Logo  Grab our badge to display on your blog.

Player's Badge







Supplies for card 1:
Stamps - Colorado Craft Co. dog, Penny Black sentiment
Ink - Versafine Onyx Black
Paper - watercolour paper, copper and red cs
Size - A2
Accessories - Sizzix dotted rectangle die, watercolour paints, fun flock, fun foam

Supplies for card 2:
Stamps - unknown sentiment
Ink - ColorBox Gold
Paper - gold shimmer and white cs, SEI dp, TH gold glitter peel-off paper
Size - A2
Accessories - gold embossing powder, unknown star wreath

14 comments:

  1. I am wondering if you would be interested in selling the Merry Christmas stamp that you used on a tag from 2017. It was called gilding flakes tag. I really like the font of the sentiment. Can you get back with me? Thank you, Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards are gorgeous. Love your golden snippets wreath card.

    Thanks for entering a piece of homework to the Snippets Playground. See you up in the treehouse later. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous pooch card Susan - looks so much like Dudley if left pure white. I know just how much joy our four legged friends bring - so I'm sure you made your card with a lot of love.

    Brilliant snippets make - Len just looked over my shoulder and said 'Wow'! I love how you echoed the gold star theme so beautifully. Great stuff!

    Hugs,
    Di
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute little dog with the Santa hat and love the pierced edge over the copper card Susan, and then the really pretty glittery gold star wreath, and the gold star paper on the gold shimmer card with the lovely sentiment complement it beautifully. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. That pup is so darn cute!! :) And your starry wreath is so pretty with the gold glitter paper and patterned star paper panel. Great work Susan! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable puppy, love the flocking on the hat, and that rectangle die cut with the circles around the edge looks great! Thanks for sharing with us at Cardz 4 Guys!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute.. Love the cute doggie and so glad you shared over at Cardz 4 guyz.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this adorable pup with the Santa hat and the starry wreath is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww adorable great card, and so happy you played our challenge at Christmas Craft Creations. Have a great day!

    Leanne DT Member/CCC
    Christmas Craft Creations

    ReplyDelete
  10. your puppy is so cute, it reminds me of Tess :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sweetness!! Your puppy in that Santa hat is just perfect for our "Festive Creatures" challenge over at Cardz 4 Guyz!! That handsome festive pup makes for a true masculine card which is part of our challenge...making cards for guyz!! Thanks for joining the fun and playing along with us!!
    -Deb Horst, DT #C4G336

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great range from comical to classical, Susan! I think Tessa looks adorable in her Santa hat! And I love the design of your starry schparkly wreath and side panel! Thank you for inspiring everyone to use their NBUS! Happy Holiday Hugs! Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awww, what a super cute Santa pup, I wish I could get my Mack to hold still long enough to get a picture of him in a Santa hat, sigh!! Pretty gold wreath card too!!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
    Diane DD Co-Owner
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Double D}

    ReplyDelete
  14. How adorable and sweet. I LOVE your designs. Lots of wonderful work here and great take on the challenge. Thanks so much for playing along with us over at Double D, I hope we see you back again soon!
    Judy~ DD DT Designer

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.