A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Tuesday 26 December 2023

Celebrations

For the Stencil Fun challenge "Christmas" and the Inkspirational challenge "Celebrate", I have this card:

I did the background with red and green acrylic paints and a poinsettia stencil on a gelli plate.  Trimmed it and topped it with the Merry Christmas sentiment frame die cut and bordered it with dark red cs.

My Time to Craft wants to see December or January holidays.  I have a Hanukkah card:

I sprinkled blue Brushos on mixed media cs, spritzed with water and let it run to make a free-form background. I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment, then trimmed the panel, popped it up on fun foam, and added the silver die cut Star of David.

LOVE to have you SHARE our BADGE   

My Time To Craft!
I hope you all had a good holiday, whatever one you celebrate!







Supplies for card 1:
Paper - mixed media, white, and dark red cs
Size - A2
Accessories - gelli plate, red and green acrylic paints, Imagination Crafts poinsettia stencil, Simon Says Stamp sentiment frame

Supplies for card 2:
Stamps - SU sentiment
Ink - ColorBox silver
Paper - white, mixed media, and silver cs
Size - A2
Accessories - PTI die, silver embossing powder, blue Brushos, fun foam

5 comments:

  1. Of course I love the Christmas card :) so creative with the gell print and the the Hanukkah card is so elegant in silver and blue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two very pretty cards Susan, and the gelli plate piece in red and green is beautiful, and finished with the die cut on the edge/border style sentiment which suits it perfectly, and the blue background with the silver Star of David and sentiment is a wonderful colour combination and looks really elelgant too. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful cards love the details and designs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both cards are spectacular! The Hanukkah one for MTTC is artsy yet elegant with the metallic shine! Thanks for supporting MTTC (and also MTTCC)! Happy 2024!!! --Becca

    ReplyDelete
  5. Susan I love the die cut frame in the first and beautiful free style movement in your Hanukkah card. Thank you for celebrating with us at INk~

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.