A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Sunday 24 December 2023

Gold Flowered Thank You and Traditional Christmas Colours on Vellum

For the Flower Challenge "Use Gold", I made die cut gold flowers on a very CAS card:

A very quick and easy thank you card - gold glitter die cuts (cut twice for dimension) on a red card base - still kind of festive in those colours so it's good as a Christmas thank you.

My second card is for Simply Clean and Simple "Red and Green".

I followed a SCS tutorial on "Double Stamped Vellum"I stamped and heat embossed the white branches and pine sprig on the front of the vellum, then stamped the coloured leaves and berries on the back.

I layered the vellum between two die cut pierced frames and then added foam tape to the back of the frame of it to give it more dimension on the card base.  I finished off by adding a die cut red sentiment.

  Please Help Us Spread the Word ...

 







Supplies for card 1:
Paper - gold glitter and red shimmer cs
Size - A2
Accessories - Memory Box Honey Blossom die, Dee's Distinctively thank you die

Supplies for card 2:
Stamps - various branch and berry stamps
Ink - ColorBox white; Distress red and green
Paper - vellum, white and red cs
Size - A2
Accessories - white embossing powder, Tattered Lace sentiment die, MFT pierced frame die


4 comments:

  1. Both cards are absolutely beautiful Susan! I love the red & gold...so classic for Christmas and elegant to top it off! And the CAS double stamped on vellum card is just a lovely! Thanks so much for sharing with us at The Flower Challenge and Merry Christmas!! Marcia (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your cas thank you card - the gold stands out perfectly on that red card base. Thanks for playing over at The Flower Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. two beautiful cards, the red and gold really pops and the double stamped velum is stunning xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Thank you for sharing card #2 with us at Simply Clean & Simple Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.