A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Tuesday 12 December 2023

A Church with Glitter and Snowy Greetings

The Inkspirational Challenge wants us to "Add Glitter".  Perfect for a snowy scene.  I chose a stamp I've never inked up before so am also adding it to NBUS.

The image is stamped and watercoloured, bordered with green cs, and glitter added on all the snowy sections with a Quickie glue pen.  It's quite a chunky glitter so really picked up the light when I photographed the card.

My second card is for Shopping our Stash "Whatever the Weather".  I went with snow.

I used the old Faux Batik technique that's been around for a long time.  I stamped and heat embossed the snowflake background stamp in white and then made several folds in all different directions.  Then unfolded it and sponged over the whole panel with various blue Distress inks.  I used blue glitter cs for a border and for the shadow background of the die cut sentiment.

 Grab our badge to display on your blog. Grab Our Badge!








Supplies for card 1:
Stamps - Power Poppy
Ink - Versafine Clair Nocturne
Paper - watercolour paper, cream and green cs
Size - 4.75" square
Accessories - watercolour paints, glitter

Supplies for card 2:
Stamps - Hero Arts snowflake background
Ink - ColorBox White
Paper - white cs, blue glitter cs
Size - A2
Accessories - white embossing powder, SSS Snowy Greetings die

4 comments:

  1. I simply adore that pretty sparkly winter scene on the first Susan and so beautifully coloured, and then the second with the wonderful faux batik technique and the creases in the card have picked up the blue tones brilliantly, and I love the white embossed snowflakes too and finished with a lovely sentiment, with some sparkle too from the glitter card backing it. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful colouring of your church scene, Susan. The glitter adds so much amazing sparkle. LOVE your batik snowflake card. I had forgotten about that technique ... it's awesome with the snowflakes. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a pretty church nestled in the glistening snow! Love the batik background for your snowflakes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a beautiful old Church, so pretty in the snow. The batik background is so effective, love the card xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.