A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Monday 18 December 2023

Three More Christmas Cards

There are still lots of Christmas challenges I want to link up to this month!

First of all, for Can You Handle the Pressure? "Dry Embossing with a Twist of Holly":

I used one of my very first embossing folders that has a swirly holly design.  It creates an ideal background for an older Penny Black stamp.  I inked it and the sentiment with a Kaleidacolor ink pad in various shades of green.  I popped the stamped panel up on fun foam and added red Stickles to the berries.

Second is a card for My Time to Craft Christmas "Elements Beginning with the Letter S".  I have snowflakes, Santa, and sleigh.

The background is a piece that I created when making a gelli plate print for a card I posted earlier (see this post for the earlier card).  I had a lot of blue acrylic paint left on the snowflake mask - before cleaning off the mask, I pressed it onto a piece of mixed media cs to use up the paint.  I added a die cut Santa and sleigh, and a narrow black border.

Lastly, for Festive Friday "Christmas Festive Food":

The challenge requires at least 3 things from their list - I have Christmas pudding, red, white, and brown.  The image is coloured with coloured pencils, trimmed with a Nordic frame, and bordered with dark red.

Please Grab Our Badge My Time To Craft Christmas!








Supplies for card 1:
Stamps - Penny Black Winter Bough, Make an Impression sentiment
Ink - Kaleidacolor Caribbean Sea
Paper - white cs
Size - A2
Accessories - Sizzix embossing folder, red Stickles, fun foam

Supplies for card 2:
Stamps - Penny Black sentiment
Ink - Versafine Clair Nocturne
Paper - mixed media cs, off white and black cs
Size - 6x3.25"
Accessories - Santa / sleigh die, blue acrylic paint, Memory Box snowflake mask

Supplies for card 3:
Stamps - unknown image, PB sentiment
Ink - black ink
Paper - white and red cs
Size - A2
Accessories - coloured pencils, The Greetery Nordic Frame die, fun foam, glossy accents

5 comments:

  1. You are on a beautiful card making roll, all three are very creative and beautiful!!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at Can You Handle The Pressure!
    Diane CYHTP Co-Owner
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Can You Handle The Pressure}

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all so pretty. I love that frame on the last card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards, you have an eye for color and design. Lots of wonderful work here, and great take on the challenge. Thanks so much for playing along with us over at Can You Handle the Pressure, hope we see you back again soon.
    Judy~ CYHTP DT Designer

    ReplyDelete
  4. three great cards, they are all so pretty but I think my favourite is the plum pudding :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The holly is beautiful inked with the Kaleidacolour green inks, and the holly EF makes a wonderful background, then the lsecond with leftover ink on the mask stamped and used as a background for Santa and his sleigh works brilliantly, and lastly the birds with the Christmas pudding and mince pie, beautifully coloured, and I love the die cut ornate frame around it with the pretty red layer behind...I think this image is a Chocolate Baroque one, and I think one or two of the sentiments might be too. I was on their GD team for a while about three years ago and so I do quite often recognise their stamps. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.