A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Monday 30 May 2022

Slimline Branches and Shiny Trees

The Christmas Kickstart Challenge wants a mini slimline card.  And it's Rudolph Days - anything Christmas goes.  I pulled out a Penny Black stamp I haven't used for a couple of years.

I put the stamp in my MISTI and inked it up with Tombow markers, spritzing lightly, and re-inking as needed.  I pressed some Distress Iced Spruce onto my kraft mat and diluted it with water and carefully painted it around the bottom of the image.  I stamped the image in brown, trimmed the panel, and ran a brown marker around the edge of the panel to give it some definition on the card base.  I added a bit of glue and glitter to the white parts of the pine cone and branches, very lightly splattered some watered down white acrylic paint, and added glossy accents to the berries.

And a second card for today, this one is for Christmas Crafts All Year Round "Tree and / or Gifts", Christmas Craft Creations "Two Colours" (I used blue and green), and Day of the Month Card Club "Love a Tree Day".

I created by trees by covering some scrap cs with double sided tape and green foil and then die cut the two trees from it.  Then I grabbed a piece of leftover smooshed background from my UFO box, tore some scraps of white cs for the snowy hills, stamped the sentiment on the bottom one, assembled everything and popped it up on fun foam.

Christmas Kickstart Challenge "Mini Slimline"

 

Rudolph Days

Christmas Crafts All Year Round "Tree and / or Gifts"

Day of the Month Card Club

 

Christmas Craft Creations









Supplies for card 1:
Stamps - Penny Black branches, Paper Smooches sentiment
Ink - Distress Iced Spruce, Versafine Clair Fallen Leaves
Paper - watercolour paint, cream cs
Size - 7x3.5"
Accessories - Tombow markers, glossy accents, glitter, white acrylic paint

Supplies for card 2:
Stamps - Rosie's Roadshow sentiment
Ink - Broken China Tumbled Glass
Paper - white cs
Size - A2
Accessories - Impression Obsession tree dies, green foil, fun foam


18 comments:

  1. Two stunning cards Susan, I especially like the top one with the watercolour effect. Thanks for joining the fun at Rudolph Days this month.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pine bough and pine cone are perfect for a slimline card! Love the soft inking that makes it stand out beautifully! Your foil trees are so shimmery and pretty and make a lovely Christmas scene!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are such gorgeous Christmas cards, Susan. The pine cone card is so pretty with the shiny red berries. Foiling those trees was brilliant, they are really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Susan.
    Happy Rudolf Days.
    these are very wonderful cards and very beautiful designs too.
    Love the first one it's so fabulous.
    Thank you for joining the Rudolf Challenge.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny l. DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two wonderful cards, Susan. LOVE that first stamp and I may have to have that one! Also love the subtle painting to ground it. Your tree looks textured from the photo- almost like flower soft. What a cool effect. It makes me want to feel it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful!!! Thanks so much for participating in our CHRISTMAS CRAFTS ALL YEAR ROUND challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!!
    Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, absolutely stunning design.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your slimline card is absolutely BEAUTIFUL Susan! I have that stamp and haven't used it in quite a while either, but after seeing your beauty, I think I need to get it out and have a play!! Your tree card is very pretty too! Hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh My..Love your mini slimline watercolored and stamped 1st card and your O, Christmas Tree card. Susan. TFS your detailed techniques and supplies, my friend. Love and Hugs...Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Susan
    Your card is a beauty! I love the way the ink looks on the branches and the background that you painted to ground the branch...Love everything about this card!
    Thanks for taking part in the May Rudolph Days Challenge!

    y

    ReplyDelete
  11. You've created a very beautiful winter scene. You can feel the calm of winter. Glad you joined us at DotMCC again. Gundi

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the rustic style of your card and your techniques are fabulous! So glad you joined us at CCC!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great cards. I love how you created and colored the image on your mini-slimline card. WOW. So glad you joined us in the Christmas Kickstart Challenge for May. Arlene, Guest DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a beautiful Christmas card! - I totally like your shimmering trees!! ...your first card is very beautiful too! Thank you so much for playing along with DotMCC. Rosi x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Both are so pretty and extra loving the size of the first Susan x.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Two lovely Christmas cards Susan. I do love that pinecone and branch image from Penny Black. You've chosen the perfect colours to show it off. And I love your green foiled trees with pretty blue sky background. xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a stunning pine bough and pine cone card, Susan! The layout of the image is perfect for the mini slimline card. Love your beautiful coloring!
    The foiled trees are gorgeous against the beautiful blue smooshed sky. The wide white frame works so well with this card.
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Amazing card! Thank you for your participation to the challenge of CCC
    Iza DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.