A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Sunday 8 May 2022

A Yellow Rose on Mother's Day

Just Us Girls is looking for cards with flowers.  Since it's Mother's Day and my Mum loved roses (and grew wonderful ones in her garden), I went with a stamp of a rose.

I stamped the collage-style image of the rose and watercoloured it, and then did a light blue/grey wash over the script background. I trimmed it and popped it up on fun foam on a white background embossed with a border of flowers.

Just Us Girls

I'm also adding it to a fairly new challenge called "Can You Handle the Pressure" - cards entered in it always have to include the use of an embossing folder.  This month the optional element is "Pastels" so my card has that as well.

Please Grab Our Badge

I hope all of you who still have your mothers celebrated with them today.  I miss mine so much.







Supplies:
Stamps - Stamplorations
Ink - Archival Jet Black
Paper - white cs, watercolour paper
Size - A2
Accessories - watercolour paints, Crafts Too embossing folder, fun foam

10 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful yellow rose and love that embossing folder Susan x.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEAUTIFUL card Susan!! I love yellow roses, and the image you used is SO pretty! Loving the embossed card base too! Lovely, lovely card my friend! Hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Susan, love the blue wash background.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card to honour your Mom, Susan. Love the pretty yellow rose with the soft washed background. Looks so pretty with the embossed flower border. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty Susan with your lovely yellow rose and pretty embossed background!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your gorgeous card, Susan! I also love that you made this in honor of your mom, such a nice gesture and a way to forever keep her in your life and in your heart. Just a great post all in all. Thanks for joining us for Word Week at Just Us Girls.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW what a beautiful embossing folder and your floral focus image is perfect! Just beautiful Susan ... love it! Thanks so much for playing in our challenge at Can You Handle The Pressure … we appreciate your support and hope to see you again next challenge!
    Darlene
    CAN YOU HANDLE THE PRESSURE
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful yellow rose, Susan. It really stands out against that wonderful embossed frame. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Just Us Girls.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful 3D dry embossed floral border for your pretty yellow watercolored rose, Susan. I miss my mother too, but think of her everyday:-) Love and Hugs...Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sure your Mom is happy and smiling, looking at this beautiful yellow rose card even if you can't see her. The color yellow of flowers is so beautiful, isn't it? The embossed floral frame is pretty! Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.