A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Friday 3 June 2022

Wreath on a Brick Wall

We are so happy to have CAS Christmas back up and running.  We're starting off by asking for cards featuring wreaths.  Here's mine:


I love making wreaths with my Martha Stewart pine branch punch.  I use various decorative papers that feature grass on them.  There's enough variegation in the colours that it makes the sprigs of the wreath more interesting than just plain green.  

The base for the wreath is a thin circle made by cutting with two sizes of Spellbinders circle dies.  I glue the punched sprigs around the circle base, overlapping them for fullness.

For this card, I created a background with a brick wall stencil and embossing paste.  Added the wreath and stamped a sentiment and popped the panel up on fun foam.  I embellished the wreath with a bow made of a green / gold ribbon and added gold gemstones to the wreath.  Usually I add red gemstones to represent berries, but the ribbon I used for the bow inspired me to keep to a green and gold colour scheme.

We'd love to see you join us at CAS Christmas.  It's so great to get a head start on those Christmas cards.  There's lots of inspiration from the Design Team and this month's Guest Designer, Sue (Sue's Card Craft).

 I'm also linking up the card at CAS Mix Up where they want paste or gels with a stencil.










Supplies:
Stamps - SSS sentiment
Ink - Distress Mowed Lawn
Paper - white cs, various green dp
Size - 4.75" square
Accessories - Martha Stewart pine branch punch, gold gemstones, green/gold ribbon, TH brick stencil, Dreamweaver embossing paste, Spellbinders circle dies

20 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Susan, love the texture on your stenciled brick wall and that wreath is so pretty ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful partially stenciled brick wall behind your beautiful delicate greenery wreath Susan! So pretty with the gem stones for sparkle! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing wreath Susan!! Love the colour variations from your different papers ... and the loads of layers. It has so much depth. Gorgeous with the gold and green ribbon and gold gems. And fabulous texture from the brick background. Beautiful card Susan!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely GORGEOUS card Susan!! I have that MS pine branch punch too, but never thought to use papers with grass on them...I just LOVE that look and will definitely have to try it!! I love the ribbon with the gold in it and the gold gems too...such an elegant card!! Hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've created a beautiful wreath, Susan and the brick background looks amazing! This is a fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your wreath is amazing, Susan. I remember wanting that punch so bad years ago and then hardly ever using it. It's gone by-by now or I'd be CASEing your gorgeous wreath.

    ReplyDelete
  7. NO one does a better job of these wreaths than you do and I love seeing them. I honestly tried once and what a mess I had. Yours are always fabulous, Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your gorgeous wreath, Susan! The various colors of the decorative paper are simply beautiful and the layers of punched pieces make the wreath look real. The texture of the stenciled brick wall is wonderful and the tiny sentiment stamped in the matching color is so cute!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Using that paper is a great idea and you have a lot of patience to punch out all those pine branches. Your wreath is so full and pretty and I love that brick wall it's on. A beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What wonderful texture, Susan! The embossing paste on the background is perfect for displaying this awesome wreath! Love how it looks snow flecked and the gold berries!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh, this is just gorgeous! That wreath is so beautiful and intricate!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Truly a wonderful card with the gorgeous wreath. tfs

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow!!! I am so impressed with your layered punched leaves (which I have) made into a gorgeous thick Christmas wreath, Susan. Your gold gemstones are so pretty and shiny for berries. Adding your finished wreath to your stenciled paste brick background is so beautifully textured and a work of art my friend. We would love it if you added your stenciled wreath card to our CAS Mix Up (S) pastes/gels Challenge:-) Love and Hugs...Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a gorgeous wreath, Susan - so realistic looking!! Love the brick wall too!! So glad CAS Christmas is up and running again!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So pleased Susan that you joined us at CAS Mix Up June Challenge Stenciling with Paste/Gels. Love your gorgeous die cut layered wreath and wonderfully textured with paste brick wall:-) You should frame your card to use as part of your Christmas decor:-) Love and Hugs...Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fantastic wreath, Susan. It looks great on your stenciled background. Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  17. That wreath looks amazing and the dimension from the wall shows it off to perfection Susan x.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Susan, your wreath is stunning and amazing! such depth and texture to it with that lovely background. Perfect place for the wreath on the brick wall!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, Susan, the depth and texture of this gorgeous wreath card is magazine-cover worthy! That must have taken a while to make, but I think it would be so satisfying! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  20. Amazing little wreath, so much detail and texture. Love the detail of the brick wall in the background too. Thank you for sharing at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.