A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Sunday 29 May 2022

Reindeer and Silent Snow

I love larger sentiment stamps but often have trouble combining them with an image.  I thought it worked well in this card with the reindeer kind of looking up at the snowflakes around him.


I created the background by using the Embossing Folder Stamping technique (see SCS tutorial).

I tore some white cs to create the snowy ground. The sentiment is stamped and heat embossed with a bit of the brown ink sponged around the edge of the panel. The reindeer is cut from piece of mixed media cs sprinkled with brown bister and spritzed with water. I sponged a bit of the brown ink on parts of it to add some definition. I die cut two extra reindeer from scrap cs and glued them all together for more dimension.

For these challenges:

Jingle Belles "Masculine Merry Christmas"

Cardz 4 Guyz "Wildlife"

Sparkles Christmas Challenge "Sentiment"








Supplies:
Stamps - Hobby Art sentiment
Ink - Distress inks - various blues and Ground Espresso
Paper - white and mixed media cs
Size - A2
Accessories - Cuttlebug embossing folder, Sizzix reindeer die, brown bister, clear embossing powder

10 comments:

  1. I feel the same with larger sentiments. Love how you put this one with the reindeer and the stenciled snowflakes ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lovely, Susan - a perfect sentiment in this beautiful scene! What fabulous snowy paper, too! Thanks so much for playing at Sparkles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is so very regal....perfectly masculine!! Fantastic take on our wildlife challenge over at Cardz 4 Guyz!! Thanks for joining the fun and playing along with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my..your beautiful reindeer is perfect looking up at the stamped EB folder snowflakes, Susan. I Love your added splatters to the reindeer for extra texture. TFS the SCS link on how to stamp with an EB folder. So much to love in your wonderful Christmas card, my friend. Love and Hugs...Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a lovely card and perfect for a guy. Thanks for joining in with my challenge at Cardz4guyz. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this sentiment and the reindeer that's inked beautifully! I wish I could get such good results from stamping with an embossing folder!

    ReplyDelete
  7. BEAUTIFUL card Susan!! I love your background and deer, and especially the sentiment! Lovely, lovely card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, I love your card, a wonderful sentiment on a fabulous elegant and classic card, so clean, fresh and awesome. Good luck!. Thanks for joining us in our challenge at Sparkles Christmas. Caz. DT.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness! What an exceptionally beautiful card, each element is beautifully selected and composed; that snowy background is especially lovely! So pleased you could join our Masculine Merry Xmas fun at Jingle Belles!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so beautiful, Susan! I love the embossing folder stamped background, and how you colored and added texture to the reindeer! You arranged the large sentiment perfectly!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.