A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday 14 May 2022

Daredevil and Birds

Cutting it fine to get cards posted for two challenges today.

First up Cardz 4 Guyz wants "D is for .....".  I went with "D is for Daredevil" with this card:

I created the background by sprinkling green, blue, and turquoise Brushos over mixed media cs and spritzing with water. When dry, I stamped bits of text and mixed media stamps on it in grey.

I stamped and heat embossed the image and sentiment in black, trimmed the panel, bordered in dark grey, and added it to a cream cardbase.

Next up, for the Double D Challenge "Birds / Nests / Birdhouses", I have both birds and a birdhouse:

 
I stamped on watercolour paper, painted, bordered in red, used a dark green card base, and went over the branches with a Quickie glue pen and added some glitter.
 
 
Cardz 4 Guyz
 
 
 







Supplies for card 1:
Stamps - Tim Holtz tightrope walker and quote, various unknown text and mixed media stamps
Ink - Versafine Onyx Black, Distress Hickory Smoke
Paper - cream and dark grey cs, mixed media cs
Size - A2
Accessories - green, blue, and turquoise Brushos, clear embossing powder

Supplies for card 2:
Stamps - Magenta, Make an Impression sentiment
Ink - Versafine Onyx Black
Paper - watercolour paper, red and dark green cs
Size - A2
Accessories - watercolour paints, glitter

10 comments:

  1. Both cards are great Susan, you've reminded me to pull out my Tim Holtz set, and great Christmas card ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous cards Susan, love all the sparkle on the birdhouse one! Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
    Diane D DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your Christmas card, it's perfectly sweet! Thanks for playing along with us at The Double D, All Things Birds. Donna, DT Member.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both cards are beautiful but I LOVE that Christmas card ... just perfect my friend! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Birds’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often. We appreciate your support!!

    Darlene
    DOUBLE D CHALLENGE
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Christmas card is so beautiful in every way. Lovely image, colour and design detail. Thanks for sharing with us at Double "D" Challenge.
    Amelia (Double "D" Challenge Design Team)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both fabulous cards. I love the brusho background you've created. Thanks for joining us at Cardz4guyz. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  7. D is dare devil!! What a creative take on our "D is for ____" challenge over at Cardz 4 Guyz!! Thanks for joining the fun and playing along with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning card! Great take on the C4G theme. Cheers, Jolanda

    ReplyDelete
  9. The background works well with the bold embossed black image of the "daredevil"! Thanks for sharing at Cardz4Guyz. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's an awesome Brusho background and a wonderful daredevil stamp! Perfect for a guy! Love the sweet birdhouse and chickadees and the traditional Christmas colors!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.