A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday 14 May 2022

Snowman in Red

Time for the new Peace on Earth Challenge!  Don't the weeks just fly by?  Here's my card to help inspire you:


I stamped the image and coloured the scarf and hat band with a red alcohol marker.  Then trimmed it with a circle die.  I bordered it with a red polka dot paper, added a sentiment stamped in red, and layered it on a snowflake embossed panel.

I was inspired by the lower left image on the mood board.  There's lots of other inspiration from the rest of the Design Team so head on over to Peace on EarthIt is an "anything Christmas goes" challenge but feel free to be inspired by the mood board.

 









Supplies:
Stamps - Inkadinkado snowman, SU sentiment
Ink - Archival Jet Black, Memento Rhubarb Stalk
Paper - white cs, Recollections dp
Size - 4.75" square
Accessories - red alcohol marker, Spellbinders circle dies, Darice snowflake embossing folder

10 comments:

  1. your snow man is so cute Susan especially with his bright red and black scarf :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous snowman Susan, love his scarf and the total design is great! I look forward to each challenge to see what you create with, I think you must have lots of fabulous stamps to work with, even more then me LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Susan this is fabulous! LOVE your overall design and the color really pops! Thanks for sharing another inspiring DT project ... great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great card. It is so colorful and cheerful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the red and white clean and simple design. perfect for this challenge with all the pops of red in the board.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect snowman image using the inspiration board. Fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The time does seem to fly by! Love this snowman with his pretty red scarf and hat band! The polka dots make a fun frame!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This snowman looks so familiar...could I possibly have it??!! Oh brother, once again a case of having more than I even realize!! But anyway, I'm loving all the red, white & black on this card with the ADORABLE snowman, red dotted circle, and the embossed snowflake background! Fun, FUN card Susan!! Hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous design here and wow look at those colours x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great take on the mood board, Susan! The snowman's scarf and hat are so cool, and the red polka dot frame adds fun to the scene!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.