A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Sunday 21 November 2021

Weekend Cards

A couple of cards from me, one Christmas, one a sympathy.

Cardz 4 Guyz wants a masculine card with gingham and the Double D challenge wants trees so this fulfills both:


I had a perfect scrap of green gingham dp to go with a Christmas tree.  The tree is stamped and heat embossed, then decorated with a few stick-on stars and tiny dots.  It's popped up on fun foam on top of the dp for some dimension.

The second card is for Less is More "Silhouette".

I decided to create a shadow background for the silhouette using the same stamp.  I put the wildflower stamp in my MISTI and inked up with Distress Weathered Wood, then spritzed with water and stamped onto watercolour paper. I moved the stamp over and repeated twice more.

Then I used black pigment ink and embossing powder for the clear sharp black silhouette of the flower and for the sentiment.

Cardz 4 Guys "Gingham, Checks, or Plaid"

Double D Challenge "Trees"

Less is More "Silhouette"








Supplies for card 1:
Stamps - Art Impressions tree, Rosie's Roadshow sentiment
Ink - ColorBox Evergreen
Paper - cream cs, gingham dp
Size - A2
Accessories - clear embossing powder, fun foam

Supplies for card 2:
Stamps - TH wildflower, PTI sentiment
Ink - Distress Weathered Wood, Versafine Onyx Black
Paper - watercolour paper, ivory cs
Size - A2
Accessories - clear embossing powder, fun foam, Spellbinders layering rectangle die

13 comments:

  1. Both cards are lovely!! Thanks for playing along with our "gingham, checks, or plaids" challenge over at Cardz 4 Guyz! You totally rocked our challenge...I especially love the little extra flecks of gold on you tree!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you've done the tree on the gingham masculine card and such a perfect and peaceful sympathy card Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty cards, your tree is awesome! Thank you for joining our challenge at
    Double D!
    Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can never go wrong with gingham and this is so pretty. The tree sparkles with the gold on it. Your silhouette card looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry I've been so MIA, Susan. I do see and enjoy your beautiful cards in my inbox even if I don't have time to comment like I want. These two really stopped me in my tracks, however. They are both so striking! I have a small piece of that exact green gingham background and love it with the tree, so thank you for that idea. And I love the way you did the shadow silhouette stamping on your lovely sympathy card! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two terrific cards, Susan. I have that Tim Holtz wildflower stamp and hope to case this. And the AI tree is fantastic! Love that effect and love the green gingham border with it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simply BEAUTIFUL tree card Susan! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Trees’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Christmas tree looks awesome with the green gingham matte, Susan! The shine of the stars and tiny dots is pretty and festive.
    I love the shadow background of the wildflower silhouette. The color and softness of the shadow is perfect for the occasion.
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a pretty tree, Susan! Love the color you've stamped it in and those itty, bitty gold decorations! Your silhouettes make a great sympathy card. Hopefully you won't be needing it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love gingham and it is the perfect backdrop for this great tree. Thanks for sharing with us at Double D Challenge Blog. We hope you will join us again.
    Kathy
    DD DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE gingham, especially on Christmas cards. This makes a lovely frame for your beautiful tree. Gorgeous sympathy card. Love your design with the misty, softly coloured, background flowers. The black silhouette really stands out. This is a perfect design for a sympathy card. Great work, my friend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your gingham card fits our challenge perfectly. Thanks for joining us at Cardz4guyz. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.