A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Wednesday 17 November 2021

Alcohol Ink Ornaments

I seem to be very last minute for lots of things in my life these days!  Here I am sneaking in under the wire for the Jingle Belles challenge "Holiday Ornaments".


I created the ornaments by dropping various blue and green alcohol inks on Yupo and spritzing with rubbing alcohol.  I then die cut the ornaments from it.  For more substance (because Yupo is quite thin), I also die cut them from scrap white cs and stacked them together.  I used a scrap of silver shimmer cs to cut the fancy ornament trim for the largest ornament.

I die cut a pine branch from green shimmer cs, added the ornaments to it using silver twine, and then stamped a sentiment in a co-ordinating colour.  In hindsight, I wish I'd either pushed the sentiment to the right or used a more square (rather than long) sentiment.  But I am happy with the ornaments.

Jingle Belles "Holiday Ornaments"








Supplies:
Stamps - Stampabilities sentiment
Ink - Versafine Ocean Depth chalk ink
Paper - Yupo, white cs, green shimmer cs
Size - A2
Accessories - Spellbinders and Memory Box ornament dies, Impression Obsession pine branch die, blue and green alcohol inks

12 comments:

  1. such a beautifulcard, those alcohol ink baubles are very cool and realistic... as if they're reflecting all the lights on the tree! so pleased you could join our celebration of holiday ornaments once more at JINGLE BELLES!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your ornaments have the most gorgeous alcohol ink backgrounds. I also like the font of the sentiment. Oddly my Yupo is thick, almost like a thin plastic and impossible to cut. I was surprised when you said yours was thin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty ornaments hanging from this pine branch, Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous effect with the AI's the alcohol spritzes leave such a neat effect on the AI's

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous shimmery die cut pine branch and beautiful Alcohol Ink for your ornament backgrounds. Your sentiment looked well balanced to me:-) TFS Susan. Love and Hugs..Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful combination of inks. Those ornaments are just gorgeous. Great design.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love right where you placed your sentiment Susan...and in fact, I love the sentiment (the font) period!! And of course the beautiful ornaments too with the Yupo paper AI inks...soooooo pretty! Lovely, lovely card!! Hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. what gorgeous alcohol ink backgrounds ... and they make such lovely ornaments ... so very glad you shared your *ornamental* creation with us at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the colours of your beautiful AI ornaments, Susan! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW the ornaments look amazing Susan x.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous AI ornaments, Susan! I love them! The shimmer of the pine branch is so pretty too. I think the sentiment in the center is balancing the weight toward the right side.
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.