A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Tuesday 16 November 2021

A Sanded Foil Slimline

When the slimline cards first became popular, I didn't think I'd jump on that particular bandwagon but more and more I'm enjoying making them. 


For this one, I dry embossed a piece of gold foil cs with a 3D embossing folder and then sanded off some of the raised parts.  I bordered it with dark red and then cut a matching sentiment.

It was really hard to photograph.  The gold is not quite that yellow so here are a couple of other photos using different light (the true colour is somewhere in between!).

It's a really easy technique, a great way to use foil cs and to get more use out of our embossing folders.

I'm linking up with these challenges:

Just Us Girls "Mini Slimline Cards"

Krafty Chicks "Christmas Week Challenge"









Supplies:
Paper - gold foil cs, red and cream cs
Size - 6.25x3.25"
Accessories - TH 3D embossing folder, Penny Black sentiment die

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Susan, love the non traditional EF it looks wonderful in sanded gold foil.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan... this card is so elegant. Like you, I am adapting to slimline cards and finding they do have their design pluses. I love that you embossed the gold foil cardstock and sanded, great technique and very dramatic! Thanks so much for joining and sharing at Just Us Girls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely. I like the gold with the red, it's so festive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. After seeing yours I must try this! I don't have colored foils but do have some colored Shimmer Sheets. The technique looks fun too. These are gorgeous, Susan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE the combination of your embossed gold foil and the red sentiment and mat! A beautiful slimline card, Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Susan, Such a great technique and so tickled you shared it with us! Awesome card and so happy to have you with us at Just Us Girls! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such an elegant card Susan, and the gold and red go so beautifully together! I didn't think I'd care for the slimline cards either when they first came out, but I have to admit the mini slimlines are what have me going right now (3 1/2 x 6 1/4)! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea to get more use out of embossing folders and what a stunning effect Susan x.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.