A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Tuesday 2 November 2021

Tic Tac Toe Poinsettia

I really enjoy Tic Tac Toe challenges so am happy to be posting a card for The Paper Players.  I chose the row that reads "foil / embossing / embellishments".


I ran a piece of red foil cs through my Cuttlebug using the TH 3D poinsettia embossing folder.  I then sanded off some of the raised area to bring out the design.  I cut a thin diagonal strip out of the panel, put the two sections on fun foam, stamped and heat embossed the sentiment in the recessed section between the two sections of the panel, and added lots of tiny gemstone embellishments to the centres of the poinsettias.

The Paper Players "Tic Tac Toe"









Supplies:
Stamps - unknown sentiment
Ink - Versafine Clair Nocturne
Paper - white cs, red foil cs
Size - A2
Accessories - TH 3D poinsettia embossing folder, small clear gemstones, clear embossing powder, fun foam

11 comments:

  1. So beautiful Susan! LOVE the poinsettia embossing folder paired with the red foil card stock. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous dry embossed poinsettias on red foil cardstock, Susan. I love your cut for split panel cut for your sentiment and your gem embellishments. I can just imagine all the beautiful shine from the foil and gems, my friend. TFS Love and Hugs...Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW this is stunning Susan, so unique and absolutely beautiful x.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this card, Susan! Gorgeous poinsettia on the red foil card with white sanded-off highlights! The split design is so cool and impactful!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a VERY cool technique! The poinsettia design is fabulous to begin with, but to take off the red, really makes it stand out. Then to separate it and add the sentiment...wowza! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! What a beautiful card, Susan! This is a gorgeous embossing folder, and I love how you sanded off part of the foil. Thank you for playing in my Tic-Tac-Toe challenge this week at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome sanding on this embossed foil, Susan! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cool that you cut the foil into and added the sentiment in between. I like that design and the sanding that brought out the poinsettia. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the inserted sentiment and the beautiful embossed foil.

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! This is such a striking and bold card! I love it! Thanks for playing with us at The Paper Players! The sanding was a great idea! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Susan, this is such a beautiful technique with a stunning result. Wow! Thanks so much for joining us this week over at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.