A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Tuesday 23 November 2021

A Tiny Image on a Snippet

The Christmas Kickstart Challenge is asking for Christmas Snippets and of course Pixie's Crafty Workshop always wants snippets.  I used up a little scrap of dp, a small piece of leftover dry embossing, and a small oval of cream cs.

I have a tiny cardinal stamp that perfectly fit the leftover oval of cream cs.  It's heat embossed in gold, with the tiny leaves and berries coloured with very fine-pointed alcohol markers.  I was able to find a sentiment stamp that would just fit the space.

I die cut a larger oval out of my snippet of dp and layered over a leftover bit of dry embossed cream cs.

Christmas Kickstart Challenge

Pixie's Crafty Workshop "Snippets Playground Challenge"








Supplies:
Stamps - unknown cardinal stamp, Penny Black sentiment
Ink - ColorBox gold
Paper - PTI Vintage Cream cs, Graphic 45 dp
Size - A2
Accessories - Sizzix embossing folder, gold embossing powder, red and green alcohol markers, Spellbinders oval dies

11 comments:

  1. Wonderful layering, great use of the snippets and the prettiest of card Susan x.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sweet image and love the touch of DP behind ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Waving hello from the Snippets Playground. Love the embossed background and stamping.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such an elegant card and great use of a small stamp too, it really pop. Hugs, Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never know how to use little stamps and this is brilliant. A pretty image, great coloring and a wonderful design for it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This makes my heart sing Susan - no pun intened. It's so very elegant - I love it!

    Hugs

    Di xx (Christmas Kickstart GD in addition to the Snippets Playground, all go here!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. IntenDed - finger trouble here! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sweet little design has a big impact, Susan! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so elegant - I love it. Thanks for playing at Christmas Kickstart, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sweet! Great way to use those snippets! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.