A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Wednesday 24 November 2021

Stencil Monoprint with Berries

A very last minute card for CAS Mix Up - I really wanted to get one done as I like the stencil monoprint technique.


I used a never-before-used stencil.  I swiped three green Distress inks over it, spritzed with water, and flipped it onto watercolour paper.  I pressed down gently with a rag and then lifted the stencil off.

I trimmed out the part I liked best, framed it with a pierced rectangle frame die cut, and with dark red shimmer cs, I punched out tiny circles to add to the berries and die cut "joy".

In hindsight, I wish I'd used a brighter, lighter red, but too late now!

CAS Mix Up

NBUS Challenge
Grab our badge to display on your blog.







Supplies:
Ink - Distress Rustic Wilderness, Mowed Lawn, Crushed Olive
Paper - watercolour paper, cream cs, dark red shimmer cs
Size - A2
Accessories - Simon Says Stamp "berries and leaves" stencil, single hole punch, TH joy die, MFT pierced frame die

14 comments:

  1. Love this Christmas monoprint card, Susan! The leafy branches are very crisp and clean. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous effect with the technique Susan and a really beautiful Christmas card x.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The red berries look so pretty and the monoprint came out great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing stencil monoprint! Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully done and you achieved a wonderful, clear print from that technique. I love the deep red too. Love the framing and love the idea of using the best part of the print. Happy Thanksgiving to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the deeper red berries and joy, Susan! So pretty with the monoprint leaves! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful stencil monoprint card, Susan! The deep red shimmer berries and sentiment are pretty!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE your stenciled monoprint leaves and punched out red berries, Susan. So pleased you were able to play with us at CAS Stencil Monoprint Challenge. Enjoy your Holiday Season and see you back in 2022:-) Love and Hugs...Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful monoprint Susan, love your green monoprint with the red. I love that shade of red :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your monoprint is BEAUTIFUL Susan, and I love the darker red berries! The whole card is bold and vibrant and I love it!! Hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dearest Susan, many Happy Returns of The Day...Hope you are having a lovely day Susan? x.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card for the monoprint, and Happy Birthday (via Loll's blog)!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A beautiful stencil monoprint Susan and the three greens work brilliantly together and the added red berries and sentiment together with the stitched rectangular frame finish it to perfection. I see from Loll's blog that it's your birthday so hope you have a lovely day. x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, what a beautiful print you got from your stencil Susan - love the mix of greens! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.