A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Tuesday 31 March 2020

A Childhood Memory

The Day of the Month Card Club is celebrating National Puppy Day.  I'm sneaking in under the wire with this card:


I was thrilled when I found this stamp as it totally reminded me of my childhood.  

I have always had a dog in my life and when I was a child, my sister and I always had little birthday parties for our dog. I don't think any of our dogs ever actually sat up the table like this one, but we did give them a treat and sing Happy Birthday to them!

I pulled out a background I'd made with pale blue and a tiny bit of gold Magicals, spritzed with water on watercolour paper. Stamped and heat embossed the image over it, added a bit of colour with coloured pencils, trimmed with a wonky stitched square, and popped up on fun foam on a kraft card base. I die the sentiment out of a remaining scrap of the Magicals piece.


Thanks for stopping by today!









Supplies:
Stamps - Viva Las Vegas
Ink - Versafine Onyx Black
Paper - watercolour paper, kraft cs
Size - A2
Accessories - pale blue and tiny bit of gold Magicals, clear embossing powder, coloured pencils, MFT Wonky Stitched Square die, Tattered Lace sentiment die, fun foam

12 comments:

  1. Such a sweet memory and card, Susan. TFS Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a delightful memory, Susan, and a perfect card to illustrate it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love that stamp and perfect for all us dog lovers :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is adorable Susan! I can just imagine your doggie parties with Julie. :) Great card! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Childhood memories, really great, how you processed them on your card. Zhank you for joining with us at DotMCC. Good luck. Gundi

    ReplyDelete
  6. This made me smile, it is so sweet. We always had parties too, with special treats and of course, sang happy birthday. Our first dog did sit up like that but not at the table, although he would have liked too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great childhood memories for you Susan and what and adorable image and card x.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet memory and card! What are the odds there was a stamp to commemorate it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card Susan, found you through Lolls blog...now following..need inspiration to restore my mojo.xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. how lovely to share your childhood memories with us! Thanks so much for playing along with us at DotMCC.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a cute card with sweet memory, Susan! The Magical background is beautiful and the shimmer must be gorgeous in real life. Love the matching die-cut sentiment!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.