A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Wednesday 18 March 2020

Acrylic Paint and a Leaping Horse

CAS Mix Up is asking for "acrylic paint" this month.


I used a stamp that my dear friend and creator of this challenge gave to me as she knows I love horses.


I created a gelli plate background with pale blue acrylic paint and some streaks of copper Magicals.

I put it in my MISTI as I knew it would take a few reinkings to get the horse well-inked on all the solid parts of the image. Then I heat embossed it, added the sentiment, bordered with black, and popped up on fun foam.

Thanks for the fabulous stamp, Loll!  I'm sure my sister (who also loves horses) will love this birthday card!








Supplies:
Stamps - Visible Image horse, Tim Holtz sentiment
Ink - Versafine Onyx Black
Paper - mixed media cs, black and white cs
Size - 5.25" square
Accessories - blue acrylic paint, copper Magicals, embossing powder, fun foam

10 comments:

  1. Your stamp is amazing... Lovely card with the acrylic BG... Thanks for sharing at CAS Mix Up

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome stamp and card, Susan! Your sister will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan, your background is Perfect for this dynamic, thought provoking stamp. Love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your gelli plate background for this beautiful image. Such an artsy card, Susan! Your sister is going to love this! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So eye-catching. Perfect stamp for you. It looks fabulous with your beautiful gelli plate background. Your sister will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful background and a stunning stamped and embossed horse image. A real head turner of a card x.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Susan, I love the energy of the image :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful birthday card for your sister, Susan! The light tone gelli plate acrylic background is perfect for the powerful black house!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, what movement and energy of this horse taking off. Great card and stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow this is special. The pastel background is perfect for this wonderful horse stamp perfectly black heat embossed...with all it's shining glory! Thanks for sharing at CAS Mix Up! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.