A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Friday 6 March 2020

Wildflowers with a Large Sentiment

Seize the Birthday wants to see the sentiment as the focal image.


I'm not sure I quite got it right with this card but it is a much larger sentiment than I normally use.


I found a very pale image of wildflowers (inked up with Tombow markers, spritzed, and stamped while in my MISTI) in my box of unused pieces and thought it would be good for layering a bold sentiment on top.  The sentiment is stamped and heat embossed in platinum.  

I didn't have any card stock that matched the platinum embossing so ran my embossing dauber along the edges of a square of cs and heat embossed with the same platinum.

I embellished with a few tiny iridescent stars and sequins.

I'm also linking up with Krafty Chicks Challenge "Stamp Act" (make sure there is stamping on the card).

That's it for today.  The sun is shining so I'm heading out to do a bit of spring garden clean up.









Supplies:
Stamps - Magenta wildflowers, unknown sentiment
Ink - Versamark for the sentiment
Paper - watercolour paper, cream cs
Size - 4.75" square
Accessories - Tombow markers, platinum embossing powder, fun foam, tiny sequins and stars

8 comments:

  1. Your wildflowers card is beautiful and artsy with the large embossed sentiment. Great idea to make your own frame with embossing the same colour. It's really pretty! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous wildflowers and yes, definitely a Large beautiful sentiment. Love how you embossed your narrow border to match the platinum sentiment. TFS my friend. Hugs..Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your wildflowers are so beautiful, Susan! I love the colors. Layering the sentiment on the flower image looks wonderful and the sentiment looks like it's part of the image. The matching trim is a nice touch too!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful water coloured card and love the oversized sentiment. The heat embossing around the edges looks so pretty too x.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty, and I like the water color flowers so wonderful. Thanks for playing our challenge at Krafty Chicks.

    Leanne DT/KC

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would say the sentiment is big enough to get the main position in your card, Susan :)! The soft background is so lovely and works perfectly for the bold sentiment! Thank you so much for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the watery colors on your pretty stamping Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a pretty watercolour background piece to find in your bits box. It looks fabulous behind your large sentiment.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.