A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Tuesday 31 December 2019

Vintage Birds and Holly

I am not that good at the full-blown vintage style of cardmaking, but I do love vintage images.  I bought this one a while back but only just inked it up for the first time.


It's stamped, watercoloured, trimmed, and mounted on a holly embossed background.   Nothing complicated as I wanted the image to have pride of place.

Because of its vintage look, I'm entering it at A Vintage Journey where their current challenge is Holly Jolly Christmas.


Please check back tomorrow as I'm planning to list 10 cards that are the ones I'm most happy with from 2019.









Supplies:
Stamps - Crafty Individuals
Ink - Versfine Onyx Black
Paper - watercolour paper, cream cs
Size - A2
Accessories - watercolour paints, holly embossing folder

7 comments:

  1. What a wonderful vintage style card and stamped image, which does take centre stage. The colouring is so pretty and the dry embossing layer adds to the wonderful texture of this beautiful card x.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's such a pretty vintage card Susan, I can't believe your haven't inked this one up before.
    I'm looking forward to seeing your 10 favourite cards tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Vintage Bird Christmas card to start your 2020 Christmas card stash, Susan. We LOVED your In the Meadow we can build a snowman card:-) Looking forward to being inspired by your 2020 cards:-) Hugs...Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. What sweet birds, Susan! I love how you've continued the holly with the embossed background!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing says Christmas like these sweet birds on a Holly branch. Love your card and thanks for joining us at A Vintage Journey.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful vintage card. Love the embossed background.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautifully watercoloured Susan! Love the dry embossed background of holly to add depth. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.