A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Monday 30 December 2019

Poinsettia Day

Thanks to the wonderful Mac (Sweetest of Peas), I've discovered a new challenge, Day of the Month.  Not only do you get to enter, but you also get to vote on your three favourites of the entries - a fun twist on a challenge.

The current challenge is Poinsettia Day.


I used a stamp I've had for ages from a Vancouver stamp company, Local King.  I also inked it up with their markers, using the technique they demonstrate in this video (go to around 4:50 in the video).

I stamped a pale background in Adirondack Lake Mist on glossy cs with the poinsettia stamp and a small text stamp.  Then inked up the poinsettia stamp by randomly swiping the markers over it.  Trimmed it, bordered with a scrap of copper cs, and popped it up on fun foam on a red card base.

Looking forward to seeing what "days" this challenge comes up with next year!









Supplies:
Stamps - Local King Rubber Stamp Co.
Ink - Adirondack Lake Mist
Paper - glossy cs, red and copper cs
Size - A2
Accessories - Local King markers, fun foam

11 comments:

  1. Ooh, you went non-traditional! Beautiful colours and card.

    Sorry for the late visits... Christmas took a bit out of me, so doing a little catch up now that I’m feeling a bit better. Hope you had a wonderful Christmas. Happy new year! 🎉🥂🍾

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the variation of colors and the subtle background stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just gorgeous, Susan and I love the idea! Your poinsettia looks like it has dimension and before reading I thought it was a stencil. What a great look and a great way to add variation in color. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully colored poinsettia, Susan. I love your red cardstock behind your framed image. It really makes your flower pop. I am off to check out the new to me challenge. TFS Hugs..Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful!!! I especially like the coloring of the poinsettia. Thank you for sharing with us at DotMCC. We hope to see you again in the new year.
    Gundi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow ...this is a stunner....I love how you stamped the glossy CS with the lake mist. I really must get the inks back out and I would never think to stamp on glossy card so thank you for the inspiration Susan x. The effect from the markers is fabulous and the colour choice is amazing.
    You might have guest.....but I am loving this one Susan and thank you for the shout out x.
    Happy New Year dear friend x.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful variation of colors on the stamp and a very cool way to color it. Wishing you lots of crafty time and good health in the coming year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love how word spread around! Glad you discovered our little challenge - Mac is amazing, isn't she?! I am a huge fan of Local King Rubber stamps - they have the greatest stamps. Although I didn't know that Poinsettia....now it's on my wish list - love your card. Happy New Year to you and thank you for joining us at DotMCC. I hope we will see you again next year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful Susan, I love this technique we must play again :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW!!! Love this poinsettia - looks like stenciled!!!! The colors fit so well together! - A real Eye-catcher! Great that the existence of our challenge blog spreads around and that you have discovered it! I wish you a happy new year and thank you so much for joining us at DotMCC! Hope to see you soon, Rosi x

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW! LOVE the combination of colours for your gorgeous poinsettia, Susan. Looks amazing with the subtle stamped background and black frame with red card base. Everything works perfectly together. Great work, my friend! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.