A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Tuesday 24 December 2019

Hark the Herald Angels Sing

This week's SCS CAS challenge is asking for a card relating to our Christmas Eve traditions.  I love to sit by the fire and listen to beautiful Christmas carols, especially those by fabulous choirs like Kings College, Cambridge.

Here's a You Tube video of them performing Hark the Herald Angels Sing to put you in the mood of this card:

You might not be able to see it, but this stamp has the words "Hark the Herald Angels Sing" written across the top.

I used a snippet of Yupo coloured with blue alcohol inks from my box of backgrounds. With the stamp in my MISTI so it wouldn't smudge on the Yupo, I used black pigment ink and clear embossing powder.

Trimmed the image, bordered with a scrap of slightly shiny black cs, and popped it up on a shimmery white card base.

I'm linking it up at the following challenges:

Snippets Pixie's Playground (I used snippets of background and black cs from my leftovers)


Christmas Kickstart Challenge "Last Minute Madness" - making a card on Dec. 24th is definitely last minute!









Supplies:
Stamps - Deep Red
Ink - various blue alcohol inks, Versafine Onyx Black
Paper - white shimmer cs, black cs, Yupo
Size - 4.75" square
Accessories - clear embossing powder, fun foam

8 comments:

  1. I love listening to Christmas carols too, especially the old ones like this. Thank you for sharing this rendition. Your card is beautiful with the angels singing glory to God! So pretty on this AI background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Cambridge choir is amazing and I love this rendition of Hark the Herald Angel sing. It reminds me of my Christmas pageants at school :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, Susan. What a great image you've chosen. Thanks for playing at The Christmas Kickstart Challenge, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card and such a lovely stamp xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Susan - I always think traditional cards have that extra something about them. Delia Smith (cookery writer and TV personality) always listens to Carols from Kings on Christmas Eve whilst peeling the sprouts for Christmas Day and baking mince pies!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. how beautiful it is...such a rich look.
    Thanks so very much for my most beautiful card...love it!
    Hope you had a wonderful Christmas.
    xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  7. We listen to The Kings Choir too at home and it is always amazing. Your card is striking and so very beaufiul x.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful image and card. And that’s a great rendition of the song.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.