A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Monday 2 December 2019

One Christmas Card and One Birthday Card

I'm sorry to have been so missing in action.  I was crazy busy getting ready for my fundraiser where I sell cards and shortbread to make money to donate to the therapeutic riding where I volunteer - I made many many batches of shortbread (and even so, sold out!).  And most of the Christmas cards made by myself (and those donated by Loll, Christine, and Trina - so grateful for their generosity) also sold.  I needed a week off after that!

But now I want to get a post done for a couple of challenges that are ending soon.

First up a Christmas card for 52 Christmas Card Throwdown's Technique Challenge "Watercolour":

I stamped the image in brown archival ink and watercoloured it. I did a blue wash around it and added glitter to the snow on the berries and branch. I used shimmery copper cs for the base and die cut sentiment. The panel is popped up on fun foam for dimension. 

On to the birthday card, for Seize the Birthday "A Touch of Red":


I inked up the raised parts of an embossing folder with Versamark and used it to emboss watercolour paper.  I then added a clear sparkly embossing powder.  Using red watercolour paints, I watercoloured the flowers and buds.  I then bordered with red cs and popped it up on the card base.  I added two little flower embellishments on each side of the sentiment.

Be back soon with more Christmas cards!









Supplies for card 1:
Stamps - Stampendous bird
Ink - Archival Potting Soil
Paper - watercolour paper, copper shimmer cs
Size - A2
Accessories - Gansai Tambi watercolour paints, glitter, small noel die, fun foam

Supplies for card 2:
Stamps - Memory Box sentiment
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black, Versamark
Paper - watercolour paper, red and cream cs
Size - A2
Accessories - Darice embossing folder, sparkly embossing powder, watercolour paints, small flower embellishments, fun foam


11 comments:

  1. I know it is a relief to have the sale behind you and your charity appreciates all that hard work for them! I love this fluffy bird and you've colored it beautifully! The red embossed poppies are so bright and pretty! A beautiful birthday card, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tip my hat to you, Susan for contributing so many cards to charity and doing them beautifully too. Love the soft coloring on the birds and the birthday card is so cheerful in the bright red and white. I can't imagine doing as many cards as you do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty birthday card with those red poppies. The white embossing make them pop. Great Christmas card also. Thank you for sharing your birthday card with us at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on all the money collected for STARS awesome job Susan, you must be exhausted.
    Love your Christmas bird on a branch, beautiful watercolouring and your poppies are so bright and cheery :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You deserve a vacation after such a successful fundraiser. Congratulations once again.
    These are beautiful cards. Wonderful watercolouring work on both.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you have been a busy gal and congratulations on your fundraiser. The feathery bird is so pretty and I love the flower card with it's fun pop of red. Rest up now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful set of watercolour cards. I love both of them and thanks for entering your Christmas card into the challenge over at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the traditional feel to your Robin - the snow looks fantastic, and he's so fluffy you can feel the cold! The poppy's are very striking. Thanks for joining in with the 52CCT this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your charity sale was a huge success Susan! Congrats!! LOVE that bird image and have it as well. So beautifully watercoloured. Your red flowers are gorgeous and pop off the white. Another amazing card, my friend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on the success of your fundraising again this year, Susan!
    The fluffy bird is so cute and watercoloring on the dry embossed image is such an interesting idea. I'd love to try it.
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well done on your charity fundraising Susan x What a pretty little bird card, which is super cute and the contemporary second one is fabulous x.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.