A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Sunday 27 October 2019

Two Variations on Nativity

Christmas Cards All Year Round is asking for Angels or Nativity this time.  I went with nativity as I have a couple of friends who always want that theme at my Christmas card sale.

It's also for the Inspiration Challenge over at SCS where I was inspired by this Christmas ornament:




I used the same stamp for two cards but changed the layout.


In this one, I stamped the image once on white cs and once on gold cs, and fussy cut the star from the gold one and paper pieced it onto the white.  Added the gold circle border and the white die cut sentiment below the image.


In this one I didn't paper piece the star.  Added the same gold circle border.  Flipped the layout to have the sentiment die cut (a different one) at the top.  And added extra interest to the sentiment by cutting once out of white and once out of gold and offsetting one on top of the other.  Finished off with a tiny gold star for the dot above the letter "i".

Which layout do you prefer?  And do you prefer the paper pieced star or the plain one?





Supplies:
Stamps - unknown nativity scene stamp
Ink - Memento Nautical Blue
Paper - white cs, gold and blue shimmer cs
Size - A2
Accessories - Spellbinders circle dies, sentiment dies, fun foam



11 comments:

  1. Love that you got two cards with one stamp and changed the layout. I'm lucky enough to come up with just one layout much less two. Love that stamp too. Love the blue and gold colors on these too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great way to add to your stash Susan, love the idea of how to vary the layout :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards, and I like the layout with the gold star as it draws your eyes to the holy family! Beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This stamp works great for both layouts, Susan! Paper piecing the gold star was a great idea and adds additional warmth to the scene!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both cards are great and I think I like the gold star. We are programmed to see gold stars I think. But, I really like the glittery star as a dot for the i too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two great nativity scene cards. Both versions are equally beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two wonderful cards Susan! Love the one with the paper pieced star best. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both cards are so pretty and especially love the attention to detail of the tiny star above teh letter 'i' x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful - very elegant.

    Thanks for sharing it with us at Christmas Crafts All Year Round.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful set of cards. Love the colours!
    Thank you for playing along with us at Christmas Crafts All Year ‘Round. We hope to see you again next time. Have a wonderful day!
    ♥ Lena ~ DT
    Christmas Crafts All Year ‘Round
    Lena’s Creations

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely cards!! Thanks so much for participating in our CHRISTMAS CRAFTS ALL YEAR ‘ROUND challenge. Hope you participate in our next challenge!! Have a happy crafty day!!! *Sorry so late commenting! I’ve had a busy couple of months!
    Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.