A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Wednesday 2 October 2019

Falling Maple Leaves

It's autumn and this month's CAS Watercolour Challenge host, Loll, came up with "maple leaf" as our challenge.


It's also a special month as it is CAS Watercolour's 3rd birthday...


 ...and to celebrate, we're offering two prizes:

$25 GC for SSS for Challenge Winner
$25 GC for SSS for one random draw of eligible entries

So it's a great month to enter!

Here's my maple leaf card:


Shame on me as a Canadian, but I realized I don't have any maple leaf stamps.  Fortunately the October issue of Craft Stamper came with a small maple leaf stamp and I was able to use it for this card.

I inked it up in Distress oxide Barn Door, spritzed lightly, and stamped.  I tapped some Barn Door, Fired Brick, and Candied Apple ink onto my craft sheet and spritzed with water.  Then wet the whole image and dropped in bits of the watered down inks.  I made three leaves this way.  When dry, I fussy cut them.  I die cut the branch, stamped my sentiment, die cut the panel with a stitched rectangle, attached the leaves, and popped the panel up on fun foam.

When I attached the centre leaf, I set it a bit below the branch as if it was dropping off the tree.

Head over to CAS Watercolour for more inspiration from the rest of the Design Team and a truly fabulous card from our Guest Designer, Ros (Mikey's Mom blog).





Supplies:
Stamps - Craft Stamper's gift stamp
Ink - Distress Oxide Barn Door, Candied Apple, Fired Brick
Paper - white and brown cs
Size - A2
Accessories - Sizzix branch die, Lil Inkers stitched rectangle die, fun foam



10 comments:

  1. CAS and just perfect Susan! Beautiful colors and awesome fussy cutting too! Lovely, lovely card!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous! I love the way the leaves look like they're falling and pretty colours too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan, I love the effect of your maple leaves falling off the branch. Beautiful CAS card :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What luck to receive the maple leaf stamp just in time. Perfect autumn colours. Beautiful card and design. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. How inspiring to have one of the leaves dropping off. Normally we would have that here, but it's been so hot the leaves haven't turned yet. This is a lovely card, Susan.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your falling leaf, Susan! Beautiful coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful Fall card, great colours too.
    xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your leaves are so pretty with the autumn colours, Susan. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. The falling maple leaves look so pretty and a wonderfully designed CAS card x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lucky you getting the Maple Leaf just in time. Such a pretty CAS card Sue and I love the added touch of the one falling leaf.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.