A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Tuesday 22 October 2019

Pink Poinsettia for the Cure

Lauren and Stephanie of the Jingle Belles challenge are generously donating $2 each to breast cancer research for each card entered in their "Pink Christmas...For the Cure" challenge.   It's such a wonderful idea so I had to quickly get a card made before I missed their deadline.

Penny Black and More are also recognizing Breast Cancer Awareness Month with their "Pretty in Pink" challenge.


I put a few drops of Ken Oliver's Rose Liquid Metallics onto a piece of mixed media cs and spritzed with a bit of water to get the colours to move until I'd covered enough space for my Penny Black poinsettia stamp.  I stamped, heat embossed and fussy cut.  I mounted it with the middle part taped flush to the white cs and the outer edges bent and curled, with bits of foam tape under them to give dimension.

I added black gemstones to the centre, a black sentiment, and a black border as I also want to enter it in the Penny Black Saturday Challenge "Black, White, and One Other Colour".

And it's being linked up at The Flower Challenge "CAS".

I rarely make a card that works for more than one or two challenges so I'm pretty amazed that this card works for four!





Supplies:
Stamps - Penny Black poinsettia, Rubber Soul sentiment
Ink - Versafine Onyx Black
Paper - mixed media, white, black cs
Size - 5.25" square
Accessories - Ken Oliver Rose Liquid Metallics, black gemstones, Lil Inker stitched square die, foam tape, embossing powder



13 comments:

  1. oh wow! that's beyond lovely! i should definitely use liquid metals more bc LOOK at that poinsettia! thanks very much for helping us celebrate PINK CHRISTMAS at JINGLE BELLES! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. love how you inked your poinsettia ... simply lovely ... so very glad you helped us go PINK for a Cure at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Susan, I always love your poinsettia cards and I think I need to buy some liquid metals :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another wonderful pink poinsettia card... you and Bonnie must be on the same wavelength. Never seen that product before, but the liquid metals look beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A really elegant Christmas card using the Penny Black Poinsettia, many thanks for joining in with our 'Pretty in Pink' theme at Penny Black and More challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay to combining the challenges Susan. Stunning pink poinsettia card and love the way you used the liquid metallics x.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful pink poinsettia, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful cause and a beautiful poinsettia. I didn't know you could add a bit of water to liquid metals so thank you for that tip. The dimension adds so much to your poinsettia.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a lovely idea and it looks stunning.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Penny Black & More.
    Lynn x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful pink poinsettia Susan. Love the black accents that makes the pink really pop. Great job having your card fit three challenges! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a pretty poinsettia with a wonderful cause, Susan! Love the contrast between the lovely pink and the black accents!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a lovely CAS card for a cause and a challenge, Susan. Thanks for sharing it with us at The Flower Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card!
    Thanks so much for playing at the Penny Black Saturday Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.