A blog devoted to the cards I make in my tiny upstairs space. When my sister stays there, she calls it an "artist's garret". I'm not an artist, but am an enthusiastic cardmaker - hence the title "Cardmaker's Garret".
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Thursday 17 October 2019

Glittering Winter Scene

A card to remind you to take part in our CAS Christmas "Winter Scene" challenge.


I went with a black and white card with glitter.


I stamped the image and sentiment in black archival ink, trimmed it, and mounted it on fun foam for dimension.

I went over all the snowy bits with glue and added SU Dazzling Diamonds glitter - probably the sparkliest glitter I have.

As usual, glitter is hard to photograph so here are a couple of close-ups that hopefully give you the sense of sparkle.



You've got until October 24th to get your CAS Winter Scene cards linked up.  There's lots more inspiration over at the CAS Christmas post!

While I had that stamp out, I decided to do another card with it:



This time I simply stamped it in black, covered the panel with a sheet of Sookwang double-sided tape, and then added Dazzling Diamonds to the whole panel.  I popped the panel up on fun foam on a textured cream card base.

I prefer the first one as the image is clearer and whiter.  Covering the whole image with glitter in the second one made it more cream-coloured.

Which one do you prefer?





Supplies:
Stamps - Penny Black landscape, unknown sentiment
Ink - Archival Jet Black
Paper - white cs, cream textured cs
Size - A2
Accessories - SU Dazzling Diamonds glitter, fun foam



9 comments:

  1. I love this scene with the snow laden trees, Susan! Both of these have wonderful sparkle! A great challenge this month, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan, you and I had the same idea with the black and white glittery Christmas. I loe that little scene and such a classic look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful classic B&W Christmas scène cards. The glitter is gorgeous. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both are so lovely. The all over glitter subdues the scene but that's what it looks like when there is fog or heavy snow so it is perfect. I love the sparkle on the first card. That's what my yard looked like this morning as we had our first frost.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both cards are so pretty and ever so classy Susan x.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this winter scene done in black and white. So classic. The dazzling diamonds really sparkle and add a bit of colour with the iridecent crystals. Both cards are beautiful, but I like how the images are crisp and clear with the first one. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great winter scene stamp and I love what you did with it, Susan!! Fabulous both ways but I love the dreamy look of card two with all the extra shimmer!! Thanks again for a fun challenge for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two beautiful, sparkly cards. Thanks for the winter scene challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome cards, I adore all the sparkle and shine on the cards, because truly the snow does sparkle. Fabulous Susan!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a message! I love hearing from you.